The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.4.0 Bugs Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.4.0 Bugs

more_horiz
Hi
This will be the best windowsslimmingdownprogram i used if all bugs are gone.
I use bootit-next-generation (up to 16 primairy partitions) to install and test
the isos in a real environment.
About Bugs.

Bug 1 : I never integrate drivers or updates in my isos,
        I update windows by Windows update or Simplix update
  When updating,the updates install (most of them),you can see their number underneat,
  but no index of the installed updates is made, You can not see them nor uninstall them.
Causes :  
 1:     When"Automatic Removing Process" Selected="true"
       and items in Category="Features" (Media Center,Media Player & others ) are selected to delete
 2:     when  "Windows Indexing Service" was removed.
  When I found out the first cause i thought it was all over, it was not
  After testing & testing I found the second cause

Bug 2   Volume Shadow Copy  if deleted Intel drivers "INF_allOS_9.4.0.1027.exe" (processors) are not installed

Bug 3   Application Experience service if deleted Intel drivers "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" not installed Properly

Volume Shadow Copy & Application Experience service should not be deletable

To Winterstorm & crue
I hope this will help.
If necessary I can send my working wssf's & iso's to try this out.
Can someone let me know if i am correct or not ?

Thank You

icy alias Pas François ,a 68 years old guy from Belgium

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.4.0 Bugs EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.4.0 Bugs

more_horiz
Hi Guys

I forgot to mention it was Win7 64 bit

Up to now everything seems to work perfectly

icy

description[SOLVED] WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.4.0 Bugs EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.4.0 Bugs

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for your report !  Very Happy 

Bug 1 : It's a known trouble ... I mean if you remove components using WinReducer (or RT7Lite, ...) many updates will fail to be installed. I haven't found a way to solve this, at least for the moment, but the best choice you have if you want to integrate Updates is to slipstream them in your ISO before install your windows edition. WinReducer could slipstream them, but you need a software which helps you download all necessary Windows Updates.
I encouraged you to download, on Sunday 18 May, the v2.99.5.1 which probably solve some of the bugs.

Bug 2 : Try with a newer version of the file like the one on "station-drivers" : LINK 

Bug 3 : "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility"probably needs a file which is removed by "Application Experience", so you need to keep it.

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Thank You Winterstorm

Concerning Bug 2 ,the most recently driver was downloaded from Intel,i will have to keep Volume Shadow Copy
Thank You for answering & the Winreducer program

icy0

more_horiz
it seems everything is solved.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum