The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] presets-iso size ratio logger Empty[IMPLEMENTED] presets-iso size ratio logger

more_horiz
Every time someone uses win reducer on a certain windows image and produces output, output sizes could be logged and sent to winreducer support for analysis. That could in the end result in size/presets ratio. That is, it would be possible to calculate the size of reduction by removed component.
It is not as simple as that, but every preset, even with adding updates, does remove and add actual number of files of some size. This could be well analized and in the end could bring us to exact numbers of possible size reduction per copmonent. The advantage is that it can be logged using user uploaded data, not lab testing component by component.

description[IMPLEMENTED] presets-iso size ratio logger EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] presets-iso size ratio logger

more_horiz
Nice idea, but I wonder if Winter has a few other things to do before implementing this.

Maybe we could start a topic on the forum with our observations of what component removals do...

e.g.  Removing all but English languages reduced install.wim by 200mb ...

We'd obvoiusly have to all agree to follow the same method of reducing, like, only selecting that group of components, no other options...

What do you think?

description[IMPLEMENTED] presets-iso size ratio logger EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] presets-iso size ratio logger

more_horiz
i have to do some things at the moment but after that i could remove each component step by step and  write down how much space is reduces (saved mb at .wim file)

more_horiz
Thanks KrX, that sounds pretty amazing!

So, when you're ready I guess we could start a new topic, then when Winter returns he could move it to the best place, or possibly create a new subforum...

more_horiz
it´s available at

http://www.winreducer.net

at the vip section for windows 7 and windows 8.1
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum