The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing Empty[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing

more_horiz
hey winterstorm & members,

first here my wccf file:

http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/6264096/file.html

(its the same i send you some time ago)

1. After Reducing i cant install VM Ware Player. After starting the .exe this error is shown:

[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing O2gqztrb

2. After Reducing and installing the Programm Audio Expert i get an error after starting it.

[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing Ozvmirri

It says that some Module cant be found.

3. And a really confusing one:

If i want to connect to a network via wifi this windows is sometimes not shown:

[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing 86o4cxw6

to my wifi network i cant connect at all (because it isnt shown) but to some other networks (like this HP Printer) everything is ok (everytime), and to some other networks sometime i can connect and somtime not

i will try to reduce step by step and hopefully i can find whats causing it. Or maybe someone got a clue?

description[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing

more_horiz
Problem Nr 2 is caused by

description[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing

more_horiz
i accidently formated my partition with all my data xD
spent 15 hours to recover everything..

but because of that i got an error when starting one tool (OS was only winreducer reduced)

[SOLVED] 3 Problems after Reducing 7najpnjd

so could you add this file to the "important files" preset?

after clicking ok the tool worked fine, but getting an error isnt ok for me Razz

EDIT:

i found another problem

4. when removing one of these

<Element Category="Remove - Multimedia" Name="Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT)" Selected="true" />

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />

<Element Category="Services" Name="Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service" Selected="OK" Value="5" />

<Element Category="Services" Name="Volume Shadow Copy Service" Selected="OK" Value="5" />

<Element Category="Services" Name="Windows Firewall Service" Selected="OK" Value="5" />

<Element Category="Services" Name="Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service" Selected="OK" Value="5" />

i cant use the tool Plex Media server. Normally it streams videos via network so i can play them at my smart tv. but removing that it doesnt work. My smart tv cant find a media server. (DLNA works fine)

EDIT:  the 3rd problem was my fault. i removed windows connect now ..

EDIT2;

so could you winterstorm tell me what this options remove exactly? so i could investigate that, because i would really like to remove this things but get the tool working correctly

more_horiz
*push*

;P

i still want to know what is exactly removed with those components, so i could find whats causing this problems.

more_horiz
COULD YOU PLEASE EDIT YOUR TITLE ACCORDING TO THIS : How To Report a Bug

Hey KrX,

1. I'm working on it, but it's a really rare and hard bug to find. I will succeed but it will need time !

4. Keep : "Internet Connection Sharing", "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service" and possibily "Windows Firewall"

For "snmpapi.dll", I will soon create a Keep list modification to ensure you to keep all files you need.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
COULD YOU PLEASE EDIT YOUR TITLE ACCORDING TO THIS : How To Report a Bug

Hey KrX,

1. I'm working on it, but it's a really rare and hard bug to find. I will succeed but it will need time !

4. Keep : "Internet Connection Sharing", "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service" and possibily "Windows Firewall"

For "snmpapi.dll", I will soon create a Keep list modification to ensure you to keep all files you need.

for 4.

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Service
Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT)
EXPERT - Net Framework Folder Cleanup
Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service
Volume Shadow Copy Service
Windows Firewall Service

i need those to keep, if i remove only ONE of them i cant use this tool anymore (my smart tv cant find the media server)

when i get some more time i will try to figure it out what files are needed, so this programms will run with no problems

EDIT: i tried it with version .5.3 and also with the new 99.6.0
using windows 7 pro N version, but i think that does not really matter

more_horiz
Problem number 2 is caused by:

<Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Internet Explorer (Engine)" Selected="true" />

and IE Engine is removing this

\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll

\Windows\SysWOW64\de-DE\ieframe.dll.mui

and this file is causing my problem. I know that ieframe is 10,5mb big, but maybe some other programms need this file too. So i think it should be added in a preset.

EDIT: Problem is solved

more_horiz
to problem N0 4:

Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT)
del /q /f Windows\System32\spwinsat.dll
del /q /f Windows\SysWOW64\spwinsat.dll

Volume Shadow Copy Service
del /q /f Windows\System32\eventcls.dll
del /q /f Windows\System32\swprv.dll
del /q /f Windows\System32\de-DE\swprv.dll.mui
del /q /f Windows\SysWOW64\eventcls.dll

Windows Firewall Service
del /q /f Windows\System32\wbem\authfwcfg.mof
del /q /f Windows\SysWOW64\de\AuthFWWizFwk.Resources.dll
del /q /f Windows\SysWOW64\de-DE\FirewallControlPanel.dll.mui

all this files are needed to stream video / music via network

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

Really interesting, in the next build I will also protect all "dll" in the SysWOW64 for x64 systems (Problem number 2).

But for problem 4, I think that the best choice will be to kept all these 3 WinReducer components.

But wondeful work, it should help some people !  Smile

more_horiz
ok thank you.

One question, is there a way that someday there will be an option for us users to add files that should be kept? like it was (i think) in nLite ?

so we could remove those components and keep those files

EDIT:

i get Problem No 4 also when removeing netframework (experimental), but what exactly is it removing? only both "NativeImages_xxxxxxx" folders? because if i install all net framework packages they recreate those folder if im not worng. but i still can not stream movies after that oO

more_horiz
Yes, this is planned to create a keep list to be customized by users, and this will be available in July !  Wink 

yes, Net Framework remove only "NativeImages_xxxxxxx" folders, as you mentionned, it will also be planned to entirely remove Net Framework 3.5.x and 4.5 but I don't know when for the moment !

more_horiz
ok thanks for the information Wink

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

For VMware it seems to be a trouble with "System - Temp Folders" (so if you change the path in WinReducer). VMware seems to search for default temp folders and not System folders. Could you please confirm that, please !  Very Happy 

Best Regards.

more_horiz
i dont know if i understood correctly.

but i tested it on my real machine not a virtual one.

more_horiz
I'm just asking you if you change the "System - Local Temporary Folder" and/or "System - Windows Temporary Folder" !

Because it seems that's the reason of the bug ...

more_horiz
ah now i understand.

But no i didnt change anything in this section
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum