The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Preventing auto encrypting the operating system - (PreventDeviceEncryption) Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Preventing auto encrypting the operating system - (PreventDeviceEncryption)

more_horiz
Continuing with the disabling auto eDrive theme.  The next step is to also disable BitLocker from encrypting anything.  Not sure how doable is it to delete the service all together but it is probably safer to just disable it from the get go.

PreventDeviceEncryption -

Prevents encrypting the operating system drive and any fixed data drive using Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption. Device encryption is a feature available on Windows 8.1 PCs that supports InstantGo. When a user boots the PC for the first time and goes through the out-of-the-box experience, device encryption, on initialization, will automatically encrypt the operating system drive and any fixed data drive using BitLocker.

Use this setting to prevent device encryption from automatically encrypting the operating system drive and any fixed data drive using BitLocker.

Hopefully this is the last piece of he puzzle. 

Thanks again for u'r hard work.  Site is looking good too...  sunny

description[IMPLEMENTED] Preventing auto encrypting the operating system - (PreventDeviceEncryption) EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Preventing auto encrypting the operating system - (PreventDeviceEncryption)

more_horiz
Hello Y314K,

First, I want to thank you for your excellent requests (explanations and information links) which help me integrate them easily and quickly !  Cool 

I will add this new request in the WinReducer v1.12, like this this part should be completed, but if you find something else interesting, I will have a look on it !  Smile 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

EDIT : I'm removing, each times, "BitLocker", and never experienced a troubles with that, but the purpose of WinReducer is to help you create your own ISO, disabling or removing it, it's your call ! Wink

description[IMPLEMENTED] Preventing auto encrypting the operating system - (PreventDeviceEncryption) EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Preventing auto encrypting the operating system - (PreventDeviceEncryption)

more_horiz
Hello,

I've added this unattended option in v1.12 (available today or tomorrow).

But to use it you need to keep "Services - BitLocker Drive Encryption Service", otherwise you will have an error during installation.

Do not afraid to use it, because WinReducer will automatically protect this Windows Service in case you use this unattended option !  Wink 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Great...  Really appreciate the protection...  And the quick addon to the next release.

Was wondering how much space you save when you choose to delete BitLocker as a component of the installed Windows 8.1.  And if this would be possible in the multi-version ISO's...
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum