The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Use relative path Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Use relative path

more_horiz
Can relative path be used within WinReducer? It's quite annoying moving WinReducer folder messing up with the .xml configuration file along with updates, drivers and .NET 3.5 paths Smile

description[IMPLEMENTED] Use relative path EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Use relative path

more_horiz
i think that´s a really good request

description[IMPLEMENTED] Use relative path EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Use relative path

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Yes, I will use this in the future !  Wink 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
hey, i tried to copy the WinReducer folder to another notebook. i normally use winreducer from my user/desktop

i copied it to the other notebook, also to desktop and got an error, because the username was an other one

so i needed to change it at the xml file

i dont know in which language winreducer is programed, but in c# you could use
"Application.StartupPath" (plus a variable where the rest of the path from the xml is saved)
and save in the xml i.e

Configuration>C:\Users\KrX\Desktop\WinReducer70\HOME</Configuration>

-> Configuration>\HOME</Configuration>

or is it more complicated because you would need to change a lot source code ?

EDIT: and that would also solve all problems like this:

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t892-solved-your-winreducer-100-folder-path-uses-spaces?highlight=path

more_horiz
Implemented in the next version
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum