The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] NTFS support for Bootable USB creation Empty[IMPLEMENTED] NTFS support for Bootable USB creation

more_horiz
Would like to request full NTFS support like Rufus has for advance users.  Those of us working on AIO & that don't deal with UEFI MotherBoard's & that only use ISO images & USB drives don't really need the Fat32 WIM file size limitations.

It would be great if we could choose between Fat32 / NFTS / Ask (Fill/choose at time of WIM/ISO/USB creation) in the  Configuration Menu & also if the settings could be saved to the .WCCF preset files we create.

This will probably be consider an advance user option so it might need to be put in a hidden menu.  Not sure about that.

(Although I've been quiet the last few weeks.  I've kept up & tested all the new versions of WR.  Thanks for the great support & response time to the WR community  Cool  )

And please don't forget about the https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t747-request-iso-usb-transfer-to-in-windows-remover-finish-options request.

description[IMPLEMENTED] NTFS support for Bootable USB creation EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] NTFS support for Bootable USB creation

more_horiz
POST UPDATED WITH PENDING STATUS !

Hello,

I never tried to use NTFS (how silly I am !), but according to your request, if I format an USB thumb drive in NTFS instead of FAT32 : it will work the same, but without size file limitation ... Just to be sure !

description[IMPLEMENTED] NTFS support for Bootable USB creation EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] NTFS support for Bootable USB creation

more_horiz
I believe so.  It just means the .WIM file does not need to be split into .SWM files when creating the USB in WinReducer.  Will have to research if a split files is better then a big single file.  I am guessing a single file is best.  From looking at the options that Rufus's let you choose. I think NTFS is fully compatible with MBR/BIOS/UEFI/GPT since those seems to be allowed options in Rufus.

Thanks again for quickly responding to request.  Can't wait to try the next build...

more_horiz
ADDED IN v1.20 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum