The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] EI.CFG Check/Rename/Restore depending on UnAttended settings Empty[IMPLEMENTED] EI.CFG Check/Rename/Restore depending on UnAttended settings

more_horiz
UnAttended settings are not implemented if a EI.CFG file is located usually in the "Sources" folder.  Was able to verify this while working on an AIO that comes with a EI.CFG file.  The other mods seem to had been implemented on the modded edition fine but the UnAttended ones where not.  Still testing this though.

Request:  Once the UnAttended option is activated.  It should check for an EI.CFG file. Probably only in the Sources folder or maybe thru-out the full extracted ISO.  Then it should rename the file to something like EI.CFG.BK since it's only 1KB.  If the UNAttended option is de-activated then it should rename the file back to EI.CFG to get back to original format.  This should also be checked if implementing a .WCCF file that includes activated UnAttended options.

Just renaming the 1KB file is much easier then having save/restore the file.  That way the same file is always there.

description[IMPLEMENTED] EI.CFG Check/Rename/Restore depending on UnAttended settings EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] EI.CFG Check/Rename/Restore depending on UnAttended settings

more_horiz
POST UPDATED WITH PENDING STATUS !

Hello,

Yes, this could be a great idea, but is this concern only Windows 8.1 ?

Because I have updated WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 to correct the "ei.cfg" file, in case you choose a different Windows Edition from the one available in your "ei.cfg" ! (and didn't add this in WinReducer 8.1 yet)

Here is the changelog :
* WinReducer 7.0 - v2.99.2.0 (Alpha Forum Members Only) :

- UPDATE : If an "ei.cfg" file is detected, it changes the Windows Edition value (in the file) according to the one you choose to mount (so take care at your serial)

==> Could you please check your ei.cfg, and tell me if the Windows Edition ("Core" or "Professional") mentioned in it, is the same as the one you are trying to mount. Maybe this coming from this problem ... Thank you !

description[IMPLEMENTED] EI.CFG Check/Rename/Restore depending on UnAttended settings EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] EI.CFG Check/Rename/Restore depending on UnAttended settings

more_horiz
I do think the EI.CFG files are handle differently on Windows 8 & 8.1 then in Windows 7.  I still haven't found a full explenation as to why the EI.CFG gets in the way of UnAttended.xml's.  Just seen posts letting folks know to delete the EI.CFG if they are adding an UnAttended file to their ISO.  Will have to request better info over at MDL forum.

The EI.CFG that the AIO I use includes has the following info...

Code:

[Channel]
Retail

[VL]

Seems pretty generic.  I think it is this generic since the ISO I use comes with 24 different choice of editions.

Right now I am creating a new test ISO since the last ISO I use didn't cook with what I thought I had baked into it.  So gonna start from scratch again to verify things.

I have only found EI.CFG files in multi-edtion ISO's so far.

Thanks again for the quick reply & adaptations to our ideas.  Really makes it fun to know we can help continue to make WinReducer the best Win ISO Editor/Reducer bar-none.

more_horiz
ADDED IN v1.21 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum