The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionremove files with language code Emptyremove files with language code

more_horiz
hey winter,

there are (for me) at 

Windows\servicing\Packages\
Windows\System32\catroot\

files like:

Server-Help-Package.ClientProfessionalN~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7601.17514.mum

and so on. i removed all other languages and just kept de-DE. so why not remove all those files?

del /q /f PATH_TO_FILE\*en-US*.*

and all those files are removed

i always do that manually with a batch and never got any problems, even when i keep the component

i.e. i remove all other languages for Search:

Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-SearchEngine-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7601.17514.mum

but i keep the component at winreducer and i dont remove other necessary files. and after installation Windows Search still works

descriptionremove files with language code EmptyRe: remove files with language code

more_horiz
also i dont want to open a new thread.

but this files can be also removed

del /q /f Windows\servicing\Editions\EnterpriseNEdition.xml
del /q /f Windows\servicing\Editions\HomeBasicNEdition.xml
del /q /f Windows\servicing\Editions\HomePremiumNEdition.xml
del /q /f Windows\servicing\Editions\StarterNEdition.xml
del /q /f Windows\servicing\Editions\UltimateNEdition.xml

and added at Remove - Windows Licenses

descriptionremove files with language code EmptyRe: remove files with language code

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

Next step ... Smile

more_horiz
so most of the files are now cleaned nicely, but they are still 35 en-US left for my german language. also other languages are left at Windows\servicing\Packages\ like for the file:

Code:

Win8IP-Microsoft-Windows-DownlevelApisets-Com-WinIP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~sl-SI~7.1.7601.16492.mum

Code:

Microsoft-Windows-UIAnimation-WinIP-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~nl-NL~7.1.7601.16492.cat

the same goes for the Windows\System32\catroot\ folder

the files at Windows\servicing\Editions\ are cleaned correctly now
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum