The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version) Empty[SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version)

more_horiz
Hi there, hey winter Smile

seems that its a bug:

The path is set correct and the files are complete!
After creating the .iso the Framework option is not ticked!
So not activated. Its necessary for me to have it activated because some setups of the post installer need the 3.5 in order to run.

Do you have any suggestion for me?
(dism commands are not working due to privileges - strange behaviour - so i want to do it the manual way)

The updates are working!

[SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version) Unbena10

[SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version) Unbena11

description[SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version)

more_horiz
Got it fixed by removing 2 updates Cool - the problem with the non appearing "activate" option is of course still there. cyclops

PROBLEM REASON:

Actually these error messages are coming due to following 3 updates recently released by Microsoft for .NET Framework 3.5:

• KB2966826
  • KB2966827
  • KB2966828

Above mentioned updates are security updates for .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. These updates are applied via Windows Update regardless of whether you have .NET Framework 3.5 enabled or not. If these updates are installed in your system and you try to install .NET Framework 3.5, you'll receive 0x800F0906 and 0x800F081F error messages.

description[SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] .net Framework 3.5 Dropdown Option "Activate" missing (latest version)

more_horiz
Thanks for sharing this info. Smile
When you said the DISM commands don't work for you, were you referring to this method  LINK

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I'm preparing a build update with a better net framework 3.5 detection, so if the net framework is activated, updates could be integrated, otherwise they will rejected ... Wink

Thank you very much for the information !

more_horiz
I am confuse.
does that mean that now requesting download of Framework 3.5 is not enough.
the download with WinReducerEX81 is OK but Framework 3.5 is not installed as before Under WinReducer81

more_horiz
Hey,

I've said, that I will add a detection to detect if Net 35 is integrated, and starting from this, WinReducer will install (or not) all updates, to avoid troubles due to useless updates.... Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum