The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 15 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
That indeed is a very good question because I just did a build last night and it says I have 33 updates installed and that don't sound right.  And then I check to see if any updates are out there and it says 78 Important Updates and 84 optional updates available.  I know there could not have been that many updates since the last catalog was released so something isn't working right.

Geekster

more_horiz
Hello,

Thanks for the info about nvidia drivers Smile ... if you may create a new thread in the EX-100 help forum with an explicite name like "nVidia Drivers Installation requirements" or something better, to help other people.

About Windows Updates integration, you mean before or after installation ?
Before installation, the last time I've checked (11 January), it worked great using the WinReducer EX-100 Updates Catalog". Please tell me what's the problem. Thanks.
After installation, if you removed some stuffs in your ISO, the updates integration directly on Windows may hang (an old bug). This is because Windows search for files, and if they don't find them it simply stops the entire integration process with an error. The better way is to integrate all updates before installation to avoid this trouble.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the info about nvidia drivers Smile ... if you may create a new thread in the EX-100 help forum with an explicite name like "nVidia Drivers Installation requirements" or something better, to help other people.

About Windows Updates integration, you mean before or after installation ?
Before installation, the last time I've checked (11 January), it worked great using the WinReducer EX-100 Updates Catalog". Please tell me what's the problem. Thanks.
After installation, if you removed some stuffs in your ISO, the updates integration directly on Windows may hang (an old bug). This is because Windows search for files, and if they don't find them it simply stops the entire integration process with an error. The better way is to integrate all updates before installation to avoid this trouble.

Hey, about the nvidia drivers i will create the thread as soon as i finish testing, and about the windows updates im having the problem integrating before installation, in the removing process the updates comes first as far as i remember but the process is skipped.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Hey, about the nvidia drivers i will create the thread as soon as i finish testing, and about the windows updates im having the problem integrating before installation, in the removing process the updates comes first as far as i remember but the process is skipped.

you mean the whole Integration process is skipped at winredercer?

if yes ist there anything loged in the log file?

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Hello everyone

Hey winterstorm2050, ive reported once a problem with nVidia drivers installation and i discovered that WinSAT might be the problem, i really dont think is a WinReducer bug,its just something required by nVidia drivers setup. Also i'm having problems trying to integrate updates not only with WinReducer and i want to know if someone else have tried updating and couldnt do it as well.

Thanks

I integrate without any problem the NVIDIA drivers for my system 630M GeForce.

But I experience the problem when I try to run WinSAT. I submit it to NVIDIA the answer was to install their complete package. I remember it was OK sometime but not always.

I stop discussing with NVIDIA support as the answer was always use the complete install from NVIDIA which I found no definitive solution.

Perhaps it is due to the fact that I use in WinReducer the driver for NVDIA coming from DriverStore not the complete package from NVIDIA as a post-installation process.

Not sure I am clear but well if it can help ...

Cheers

more_horiz
Hey KrX the integration of updates is skipped and the log file

***** 13/01/2016 16:32:21 - SESSION OPENED *****
INFO : Windows Edition [Mounting] - Started  : 13/01/2016 16:34:15
INFO : Windows Edition [Mounting] - Finished : 13/01/2016 16:38:08
INFO : Windows Edition [Configuration] - Started  : 13/01/2016 16:50:23
INFO : CPU Thread(s) : 8
INFO : Removing Profile : Insane
INFO : Windows Edition [Configuration] - Finished : 13/01/2016 17:38:35
INFO : Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Started  : 13/01/2016 17:42:08
INFO : Windows Edition [ISO Creation] - Finished : 13/01/2016 17:47:05
***** 13/01/2016 17:47:32 - SESSION CLOSED *****

Jpm i think you're integrating drivers in the iso, my problem is after installation with the nvidia drivers whql, i can install them but only through Devices Manager, and it installs Geforce Experience and 3D support in which i dont use.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Jpm i think you're integrating drivers in the iso, my problem is after installation with the nvidia drivers whql, i can install them but only through Devices Manager, and it installs Geforce Experience and 3D support in which i dont use.

I understand that but if i remember well I try without the integration using the Nvidia Setuo. Video is OK but WinSAT produce the error ...

more_horiz
@Metaleiroll : Are you using an already updated ISO with the WinReducer December catalog ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@Metaleiroll : Are you using an already updated ISO with the WinReducer December catalog ?

No my iso is clean th2 10586

Downloaded from the tech bench
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And Jpm, i see what you meant now, im doing more tests and i'll report when i find out more.

EDIT*

btw im making a new iso to test WinSAT and the updates seem to have been skipped again

Windows10.0-KB3124200-x64
Windows10.0-KB3124260-x64
Windows10.0-KB3132372-x64
Windows10.0-KB3133431-x64

more_horiz
Maybe you are not choosing the good folder path in WinReducer, it absolutely needs to be :
- for x86 : "...\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x86"
- for x64 : "...\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64"

If you download all updates using WinReducer Updates Downloader tool, there are no problem ... but if you download by yourself all updates, then you need to put :
- those for TH1 in the "TH1" folder
- those for TH2 in the "TH2" folder

Do not choose any other folder path otherwise all updates will be skipped.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Maybe you are not choosing the good folder path in WinReducer, it absolutely needs to be :
- for x86 : "...\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x86"
- for x64 : "...\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64"

If you download all updates using WinReducer Updates Downloader tool, there are no problem ... but if you download by yourself all updates, then you need to put :
- those for TH1 in the "TH1" folder
- those for TH2 in the "TH2" folder

Do not choose any other folder path otherwise all updates will be skipped.

So now i see the problem, im selecting "\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\TH2"
Sorry for the inconvenient, i thought it was a problem cause i've tried with other software as well and wasn't able to integrate.

more_horiz
No problem ... Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
You are not doing anything wrong ... it's just not available yet (potential severe bugs) Wink

Winter, are there are any developments on winsxs cleanup (install.wim)? Thanx....

more_horiz
Hey

After lots of testing and formatting my PC i discovered that i was wrong again, at least i tested and ISO with only WinSAT removed and nvidia drivers installed normally. And i've created a new ISO removing tons of stuff and i got the nvidia problem so im gonna leave both WCCFs if it might help since i cant figure anything out xD

Working nvidia installation

Bugged WCCF

more_horiz
Did anyone try to enable High DPI on tweaks tab? 
Last time i tried it didn't show any improvement if anyone can try with last version i really appreciate that because it's function i would like to use

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
Did anyone try to enable High DPI on tweaks tab? 
Last time i tried it didn't show any improvement if anyone can try with last version i really appreciate that because it's function i would like to use

Im doing lots of tests and i'll include "Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings", i'll report as soon as i finish it.

more_horiz
There you have it

Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings Tweak

more_horiz
Can you go to "Gestor de Dispositivos" and upload image on 125% and 150% on highest resolution possible.

Thank you

more_horiz
Hey Everyone

Winterstorm2050

After tons of tests and mistakes i finally can say Internet Explorer is the problem with nvidia drivers, again i dont know if its a dependency or a bug, might be a bug cause i had it removed on my last build of windows 8.1, and nvidia was working just fine.

expanium

I cant post the requested photo cause i already got rid of the iso, i just made it for testing, but everything was working fine no bluring anything or weird streched fonts, if the problem persists then it might be a windows bug cause there are a lot of this small bugs everywhere in windows, by the way VMWare keeps setting the scale back to 100%, so if youre gonna test i recommend you to keep an eye out for VMWare settings.

more_horiz
@Metaleirol : Is it "Features - Internet Explorer" ? Or "Network - Internet Explorer (Engine)" ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@Metaleirol : Is it "Features - Internet Explorer" ? Or "Network - Internet Explorer (Engine)" ?

Ops sorry forgot to mention that, is the Network section Internet Explorer (Engine)
My WCCF

more_horiz
Ok Metaleiroll thank you. I'll try when i have free time and report back here.

more_horiz
xanadu73 wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
You are not doing anything wrong ... it's just not available yet (potential severe bugs) Wink

Winter, are there are any developments on winsxs cleanup (install.wim)? Thanx....

I confirm that functionality will be available with v0.5.8.0 ... it be released tomorrow ... Wink

more_horiz
Hi,
I think I found a bug when I try to WinReduce a Win10 Home edition
I use "delete unused editions" and the result is no edition can be found when installing
The original .iso is with .esd but no success with .win either
.wccf main entries :

Cheers

more_horiz
Hello,

I've tried with an untouched ISO (v1511) using all the settings you mentioned except "Integrate - Drivers" and I encountered no errors during installation ... with v0.5.8.0.

more_horiz
By the way, I confirm the v0.5.8.0 today release (this time in few hours) Smile

more_horiz
Hello everyone

@winterstorm2050
Just tested the new build and everyhting is working great the "Remove Navigation Panel" as well thanks =D, besides the High DPI thing.

@expanium

There you go! lots of blurry fonts for you xD, sorry the bug still remains but is a windows bug as far as i know.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

I've tried with an untouched ISO (v1511) using all the settings you mentioned except "Integrate - Drivers" and I encountered no errors during installation ... with v0.5.8.0.

In fact my problem still occurs in v0.5.8.0

Let me explain more what is not working.

I have an .iso dowloaded with MediaCreationTool which contains 2 Windows editions the Windows 10 Pro and the Windows 10.
I mount the Second one (Windows 10) and I use the Remove unneeded version.
That lead to the
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 15 OKPegAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I try also to use wimconverter to produce an .iso with only the Windows 10 version. I get the same result
I hope that can help to solve my problem
Cheers

more_horiz
Dear winterstorm2050,

can you tell me, when you will add the so important removes ( to my mind ) "Telemetry packages" and "Windows Diagnostic Tracking package" to EX-100 ?
Do you have scheduled a particular alpha version for these removes ?

Thank you in advance

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@Metaleiroll : Thanks for the feedback Smile

@ Jpm : the ISO downloaded from MediaCreationTool is, usually, encrypted so maybe this is the trouble. I'm downloading the version right now and let you know today my result. Thanks for the report Smile

@caphp : If everything if OK, I will release a new build Monday 25 or Tuesday 26, and I will add those 2 components. Thank you for the reminder Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum