The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Ok, excellent news .. thank you KrX ... Smile

more_horiz
Good morning
Using version 0.5.1.0 and I found a couple of behavior "abnormal.

Problem 1- After the procedure and created the ISO, while installing the operating system, you get twice the same picture "Make it fast."

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 2di3kwh

Select "Use quick sets" Shortly after restarting the system and see the same request, I select the new "Use quick sets" and, finally, the image is displayed at the request of the user name.

Problem 2 - in the process of removing apps I selected applications that do not interest me leaving Cortana, Edge and elsewhere that interest me.
Well, after installing the operating system, I noticed that when launching aboard the application closes after a few seconds and you are unable to open.

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 291dppi

I conducted numerous tests with VirtualBox that with VMware, and I faced the same problem.

Greetings

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you please translate your questions in English, by just editing your post ... Smile

Thank you for your understanding Wink

more_horiz
I APOLOGIZE
I forgot to use the translator

more_horiz
Thanks Smile

more_horiz
So, which Windows 10 ISO are you using ?

more_horiz
I did the test with both the Professional and Enterprise Version 1511 Build 10586

more_horiz
In WinReducer, have you chosen some components, in "Features" or "Services" tabs ?

more_horiz
This is my setting:

In "Remove - Modern UI Apps" I selected some items as picture that I put in the previous post

in "Remove Network" I have selected only "OneDrive"

in "Tweaks" I have selected only "Modern - UI Apps Cortana Disable search online and includes Web Results"

more_horiz
OK, I will test this in few minutes to see if I could reproduce this.

more_horiz
This is the setting of the full App removed

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 1zmiaeb

more_horiz
I've tested your troubles :
1 - The reboot is normal, this is displayed in the screen "Restart in a moment". Maybe an update that requires a restart
2 - I confirm the bug you discovered about Modern UI Apps which are closing ... I'm on it to fix it v0.5.2.0 (release on Sunday morning)

Thank you for your report !

more_horiz
hey winter, i wanted to start winreducer now and got this error:

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 P52xi8t7

Spoiler :

more_horiz
Hey,

This should probably be an error in your language file ... just check line 195 in position 204, you should used an incorrect character in your xml ... " should replaced by two characters like this one ' ... otherwise you will get an error ... Wink

more_horiz
haha ok now it is working again

thanks Wink

more_horiz
Smile

more_horiz
Hello Everyone!
Winterstorm 2050

I want to know if there is a way to bring back classic shell for windows 10, cause some context menus including the start menu depends on ShellExperienceHost, but it stops working for no reason. I know a lot of users of Windows 10 are having this problem so maybe exclude the whole ShellExperienceHost system and somehow import from older versions like windows 8 or 7, might be just registry entries and shell.dll or rundll.exe. If its possible to completly remove the Modern UI i would also want to know, im just asking this is not a request, i cant find help anywhere and i already spent too many days trying to solve.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Hello Everyone!
Winterstorm 2050

I want to know if there is a way to bring back classic shell for windows 10, cause some context menus including the start menu depends on ShellExperienceHost, but it stops working for no reason. I know a lot of users of Windows 10 are having this problem so maybe exclude the whole ShellExperienceHost system and somehow import from older versions like windows 8 or 7, might be just registry entries and shell.dll or rundll.exe. If its possible to completly remove the Modern UI i would also want to know, im just asking this is not a request, i cant find help anywhere and i already spent too many days trying to solve.

how about this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT: i used it for win 8.1 (for the 1 week or so Razz). there are also some parameters so you could install it after windows installation. you can also customize it like you want and copy that customs settings after installation back

more_horiz
Yeah i tried but, its just another service running with windows 10, if the start menu and contexts menu arent working, this Classic Shell app doesnt work as well.

See this picture FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHDwock6k2oyDvkw7IUF5h-XP5CiI0Q5mJg-lcfB1mgLk2WX6d
Thats what i want the old context menu intead of the modern UI, cause the modern UI stops working even on a clean instalation with nothing modified.

The context menu on the taskbar works but not on folders or any open program cause the ShellExperienceHost is broken. So maybe the good old one should work normally cause no Modern UI Required.

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 EmptyGUI size problems

more_horiz
On my computer lots of the GUI is not visible. (Maybe because of text, apps and other element sizes and such are increased to 150%)
Resolution=1080P

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 95l71Bf

more_horiz
Hello,

The bug with "High Dpi" will be fixed in the next build available next Monday Smile

Thank you very much for the report !

more_horiz
The last versions is good.
- UAC is now fixed i never got loop on initial screen. You can even mess with administrator rights!  Laughing
- Shortcuts for modern apps on Start menu is fixed too

You're right High DPI is not working when you choose letter bigger than 100% all fonts are blury. I need to install 3rd party app. This is stupid because M$ should fixed on big update on November pig
Can you add option to revert new start menu to old/classic? Because on the new one Windows just entirely ignore Control Panel.

Thank you dude!

more_horiz
Hey,

Thank you very much for your report !

About Start Menu, unfortunately I'm not aware of such windows integrated solution to revert classic start menu ... you may use third-party software like classic shell (not the only one of course).

expanium wrote:
Because on the new one Windows just entirely ignore Control Panel.

It's not totally ignored because you need to right click on the windows logo in the taskbar and select "Control Panel" to see the old CPLs ... Wink

more_horiz
Hello ppl.

I've been tested last version. During process i check both "Administrator rights" and "Disable UAC". But now everytime i installed new application or modify it's always open that window if there is no admin rights. 
Even for some applications like Calculator i can't open error is something like this one. Probably i deactivate or remove some necessary service.

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 Edge_a11

btw Merry X-Mas to everyone!!
Cheers.

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
Hello ppl.

I've been tested last version. During process i check both "Administrator rights" and "Disable UAC". But now everytime i installed new application or modify it's always open that window if there is no admin rights. 
Even for some applications like Calculator i can't open error is something like this one. Probably i deactivate or remove some necessary service.

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 13 Edge_a11

btw Merry X-Mas to everyone!!
Cheers.

Administrator rights gives you the same account status as the built in Admin account in which Modern UI Apps doesnt work.

more_horiz
I don't understand but i installed ISO without any modifications and that error appears. I think is anything to do with ISO (it's pre-***** version)

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
I don't understand but i installed ISO without any modifications and that error appears. I think is anything to do with ISO (it's pre-***** version)

Are you using a normal account or ur activating the System Administrator account?

more_horiz
It's normal account. But i already found origin of problem it's to do with ISO because during installtion if i choose vanilla version i don't have that Admin error.

more_horiz
expanium wrote:
It's normal account. But i already found origin of problem it's to do with ISO because during installtion if i choose vanilla version i don't have that Admin error.

Thats really weird, are you using an Autounattend file? Cause i've never seen such thing with an original ISO.

more_horiz
Hello Winterstorm2050

I just tested the UI Tweaks, the Action Center tweak, need to be set as DWORD = 0 "Zero", if enabled.
The Windows Update UI doesnt seem to work on build 10586. Sorry about that  Crying or Very sad
The other tweaks are working great.

Edit*

I found this, now the Windows Update GUI Tweak can work.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum