The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST

+10
savale
pedilover
Ultraform
Torrentus
seiferflo
billybully
parapher
tistou77
Vinc
winterstorm2050
14 posters

descriptionWinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST EmptyWinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST

more_horiz
I need interested people to test pre-alpha builds and report feedbacks in this thread. It's opened to everyone as you will find download link in my posts in that thread.

WINREDUCER 7 - v2.00 (alpha 3) in progress ....

REQUIREMENTS
:
- Windows 7 (x32 or x64)
- All languages supported
- A genuine Windows 7 (x32 or x64) ISO
- No external software are provided in the zip package, you need to download them but feel free to have a look on the "Read Me.pdf"

INSTRUCTIONS :
- Not working with Windows 8 or any previous version like Windows XP
- Not working if you're using spaces in the path folder
- Follow instructions on screen : Button "Open", Button "Mount", wait, choose components, button "Apply", wait, then Button "Save" in Wim or in an ISO

DOWNLOAD :
Before downloading the zip package, you need to know that you could use your entire WinReducer 8 "APPS" folder if you have one, because it's fully compatible. Otherwise you need to follow the instructions like with WinReducer 8.

==> DOWNLOAD LINK

TASKS PLANNED :

STAGE 1 =
Launch WinReducer 7 on Windows 7 x32 or x64

STAGE 2 =
Mount ISO or WIM

STAGE 3 = ON AIR

All Components
accessible

And as usual TAKE CARE, THIS IS AN EARLY PRE-ALPHA TEST - YOU MUST TRY IT IN A VIRTUALIZATION SOFTWARE (like VMware Player or Virtualbox, ...)

descriptionWinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST EmptyRe: WinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST

more_horiz
good news Very Happy

descriptionWinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST EmptyRe: WinReducer 7 - v2.00 - Pre-Alpha TEST

more_horiz
Yes, very good news Smile

more_horiz
And, all winreducer members will be the 1st to know with maybe a 1st screenshot ... Laughing

more_horiz
Much anticipation... Smile

more_horiz
Wink Not so much ... If all will work great during next days, there will be a possibility to see a 1st alpha member test next week ... Laughing .. See you soon my friends ...

more_horiz
Smile Thank you for thinking about Win7, too Smile It will still be a great OS for years to come. Take your time with it, we'll test it and give feedback regularly, I'm sure. At the moment, Win7 is where it's @ for me Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi guys, I need to delay the WinReducer 7 test to 1 week ... sorry guys ...

more_horiz
No problem Smile

more_horiz
Thanks for keeping us informed, winterstorm Cool

more_horiz
Wink

Of course ... As you have been really patient, so I'm proud to inform you that it will start at the end of this week ... Laughing

Cheers.

more_horiz
Ah! This is music to our ears Very Happy

Thank you, winterstorm sunny

more_horiz
Laughing

more_horiz
Hi guys, if everything will work as I think, you could try an early pre-pre-alpha test (Wink) this sunday ... Laughing

more_horiz
Razz

more_horiz
Yes tistou77, and I updated the 1st post to explain you how it will start ...

more_horiz
I'm in!

more_horiz
Great !

I confirm that it will start Sunday around 12h00 am (forum time) ... Wink

more_horiz
Sorry I'll be on business travel at that time. Thanks in advance for the work.

more_horiz
Count me in on testing as well Wink

more_horiz
Thank you guys !

STAGE 1 = ON AIR

OK, I've updated the 1st post with instructions and a download link !

This is an early alpha test to know if it works great with Windows 7, so you will have a message if WinReducer will be launch successfully. But with this build you can't mount anything, for this you need to wait the next build...
So you could just extract an ISO (or open a wim file), Options Page, and Windows 7 editions detection are available !

Thank you for your feedbacks !

winterstorm2050.

more_horiz
OK, I was able to set the tool/APPS paths and save those. I was able to open (not mount yet, of course) an extracted ISO and it did read the edition (Professional) correctly! First phase passed Smile I used this on Win7 Pro x64.

I noticed when clicking on the 'settings' button on the Windows edition selection window that it opens the main window with apps paths, etc. But the only way to get back out of that window is to click "Save", so perhaps it would be a good idea to also add a 'close' button on top, in case you don't want to save (could mess up some things when people accidentally change something they didn't want to save).

EDIT: instead of renaming the tools like imagex.exe to imagex_x32.exe, etc., why is it not enough to just place them in the X32 and X64 folders as you already do? I placed all the necessary x64 and x86 files in the APPS\... folders but then it still renamed the actual files. I understand if you did this to make things 'easier' for less technically inclined people, but then again they would still have to know how to navigate to amd64 and x86 folders in WAIK tools to get certain files, so I would say the renaming by WR7 is not necessary. But it's OK either way, because I can just save the APPS folder and config file once everything is set.

more_horiz
Ok, interesting discussion ...

1) Excellent feedback ... Wink

2) You're right, I will improve the options page with your idea ...

2) There is no need to download WAIK, there is an available tool in MSFN that helps you to do this, if you follow the "Download link" for ImageX and oscdimg, it redirects you to a MSFN thread and help you download only few files ... After you download the tools, you could use WinReducer by checking all software and search for them on your hard drive (it will copy and rename them in the good APPS folder) ...

more_horiz
Add ".NET Framework 4.0" in the requirements section of the first post.

more_horiz
Alpha 2 is available ....

more_horiz
So what's new and what's the difference between v1 and v2 ? I already made my nearly perfect Win7 but I am kinda intrigued about this new version Very Happy . Do you still need RT-Booster and Winreducer 7 v1 to get the maximum removal or does this version cover both (RT-Booster and Winreducer7) component removals? I am asking because Billy figured out that if you use Winreducer7 v1 only it doesn't remove everything, if you use RT-Booster afterwards it will remove additional components and reduce its size! The only problem is the RT-Booster is really slow Sad

Also I figured out that if you completely remove Windows Firewall with RT-Seven Lite, you can not Share Folders in Windows afterwards, I removed Homegroup too because I find it useless if you can just use the normal share folder method, but because of the Windows Firewall removal it is not possible to use the normal share function ( All necessary services are running for proper function) . Does anybody have a solution for this???

more_horiz
Succesfully completed Stage 2 testing Wink Win7 (extracted) ISO mounted without a problem. Thanks, winterstorm.

more_horiz
torrentus wrote:
So what's new and what's the difference between v1 and v2 ? I already made my nearly perfect Win7 but I am kinda intrigued about this new version Very Happy . Do you still need RT-Booster and Winreducer 7 v1 to get the maximum removal or does this version cover both (RT-Booster and Winreducer7) component removals? I am asking because Billy figured out that if you use Winreducer7 v1 only it doesn't remove everything, if you use RT-Booster afterwards it will remove additional components and reduce its size! The only problem is the RT-Booster is really slow Sad

Also I figured out that if you completely remove Windows Firewall with RT-Seven Lite, you can not Share Folders in Windows afterwards, I removed Homegroup too because I find it useless if you can just use the normal share folder method, but because of the Windows Firewall removal it is not possible to use the normal share function ( All necessary services are running for proper function) . Does anybody have a solution for this???
Yes, WinReducer v2 will be totally independent to RT7-Lite, so you will not any more needed it to correctly reduce your ISO ... As WinReducer 7 will be based on the WinReducer 8 compatible removing engine, it benefits on all improvements made with WinReducer 8, so it should be better, faster and more stable ...

parapher wrote:
Succesfully completed Stage 2 testing Wink Win7 (extracted) ISO mounted without a problem. Thanks, winterstorm.
OK, thanks for your feedback, then only one annoying step and it will start to be funny with removing part ...

more_horiz
then only one annoying step and it will start to be funny with removing part ...

cheers

more_horiz
It sounds very promising Winterstorm! It would be very cool if the new Winreducer7 v2 could remove all things like RT-Seven Lite, Winreducer v1 and RT-Booster combined. It would be a 3 programs in 1, and you could save a lot of time!! You could also integrate all the services and tweaks that WinToolkit has, keep up the great work!!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum