The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description1st WinReducerEX100 Bug Hunting Session [11.-13. October 2019] Empty1st WinReducerEX100 Bug Hunting Session [11.-13. October 2019]

more_horiz
HI ALL!!!

As this is the first time we do such a kind of event please forgive us any shortcomings!

We have set up some Rules and Prerequisites we want to share with you so you can prepare for this event:

Rules:
- Please read the general forum rules once again first! ==> https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1-forum-rules-v3
- Do not take it all too serious - just try to have a good time (with us)!
- Play fair and nice in the forum (we believe that everyone here comes with good initial intentions!)
- Bug hunting takes time (this is even more valid as we are only very few people with limited hardware access!)
- Do not expect any wonders (we know that this might sound quite frustrating at first, but if something can be fixed this is even a greater victory in the end!)

Prerequisites:
- Please note that WinReducerEX100 2.2.8.0 is required and the only version supported for the bug hunting weekend! ==> https://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-ex-100.html
- For all the posts you may have already made please check first if they are still valid with the latest WinReducerEX100 version and if yes please comment it in your topic!
- Please read the changelog of the latest WinReducerEX100 versions, aswell as you should search the whole forum first (also the already solved/implemented forums) to avoid double posts!
- Use only Windows 10 from 1809 (aka RS5) upwards as this will be last supported version starting from November 2019!
- Do not use Windows Insider versions or anything Windows related in alpha or beta state!
- Try to do some bug hunting yourself before posting anything on the forum!
- Concentrate on only one problem at a time - this will ease things a lot!
- Check if your system is not affected by any of most common problems! ==> https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1979-problems-with-winreducer-start-looking-here
- Please provide your *.wccf (upload it somewhere so we can download it) and screenshots aswell as log files are also very welcome!
- The more information we get about your configuration, the easier it might be to nail down the problem!
- Use your most understandable English to facilitate the communication, please! It is not about using complex words, but about we can understand each other!

Here is the official EX-100 BUG HUNTING SESSION link : https://winreducer.forumotion.com/f49-bug-hunting-week-end-11-12-13-october-2019

p.s. For those of you not wanting to hunt bugs we are very grateful if you could look through the language files and hunt down missing descriptions or spelling errors or translation problems and report with the correct lines back to us! Smile

And now - HAPPY HUNTING!!! See you all soon! bounce cheers Laughing

description1st WinReducerEX100 Bug Hunting Session [11.-13. October 2019] EmptyRe: 1st WinReducerEX100 Bug Hunting Session [11.-13. October 2019]

more_horiz
Hi,
I hope that "known Bug" and "Under investigation" will be part of the game and can be documented if needed
Cheers

description1st WinReducerEX100 Bug Hunting Session [11.-13. October 2019] EmptyRe: 1st WinReducerEX100 Bug Hunting Session [11.-13. October 2019]

more_horiz
>Let's start Twisted Evil
Winreducer v2.2.8.0
Windows10 1809v2 x64
Preset : Laptop

TRACKPAD and TOUCHSCREEN

DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS (Slider)

---BLUETOOTH---
- Does not need "Diagnostic - Bluetooth" to function perfectly
_DRIVERS
Support - Bluetooth
_SERVICES
Bluetooth Audio Gateway
Bluetooth AVCTP
Bluetooth Support Service
ConsentUX
Device Flow
Network Connection Broker

(I may be able to narrow down to less services)

Work in progress... will be edited Very Happy
After a lot of revision on my iso it seems the Bluetooth is done. Enjoy !

I MAY HAVE FOUND A BUG ! If you REMOVE Network Connection Broker Service, the bluetooth do not work anymore. but the service description is :
- Brokers connections that allow Windows Store Apps to receive notifications from the internet.

more_horiz
Hi,

I would really like to thank all of you participating in the bug hunting weekend!!! A lot has happened and a lot will happen in the future weeks! Smile

I hope you enjoyed the time as much as I did and hopefully you can use the spirit of this bug hunting weekend for your further findings Smile

See you all around soon,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello,

I think this is the right thread for the bugs I found:

The following settings will not be saved correctly in the wccf-file:

1. "Features" Name="Work Folders"
   I've selected "Remove" and it is saved in the file as Selected="false" Value="3"

2. "Remove - Network" Name="Adobe Flash for Windows"
   I've selected [OFF] and it is saved in the file as Selected="true"

3. "Remover - Network" Name="Onedrive"
   the same as 2.

The following setting does not work completely.

"Unattended" Name="Turn Off Password Expiration" Selected="true"
This option only works for the actived administrator account and not for the second Account, no matter if Administrator or User. if it works correctly if only the manually created account exists, I did not test.

Greetings

Hans

more_horiz
Hello trabbi,

this is not a bug, but actually caused by either a protect preset or the automatic removing process. If you unclick those it will be removed as intended.

As for the "turn off password expiration" I guess it is only intended for those users you create with WinReducer. Smile

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello Markus,

I think you missunderstood me.

It's not the problem that it not will be removed, it's the problem that the choose for the named options will not be saved in the wccf-file.

I made a new installation with activated Administrator Account und a second account named Hans on a clean system.

1. Feature Work Folders
I think the german name ist "Arbeitsordnerclient" and it's still installed. I choosed the Option remove.
My settings for the presets are:

<Element Category="Presets" Name="Automatic Removing Process" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Automatic Removing Process (Optimize ISO Size)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Automatic Removing Process (Expert Optimization)" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Important Files" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect ModernUI Apps" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect MS Online Account" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect MS Office" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Sysprep" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect VirtualBox" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect VMware Player and Workstation" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Activation GUI" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Features" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Media Center" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Media Player" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Search" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Update" Selected="true" />

I selected the protection of the windows feature because the description of it says, that it is only to protect the functionnalities to enable, disable or remove a feature.

2. Adobe Flash for Windows
It's not installed but I deactivated the option to remove it.

3. Azure
I never used, so I can't check if it's removed as I choosed it or not.

4. Turn Off Password Expiration
This is the part in the wccf-file for my configuration:
<Element Category="Unattended" Name="Administrator Account" Selected="true" Value="" />
<Element Category="Unattended" Name="Administrator Password" Selected="true" Value="12345678" />
<Element Category="Unattended" Name="User Account Name" Selected="true" Value="Hans" Group="Users" />
<Element Category="Unattended" Name="User Password" Selected="true" Value="87654321" />
<Element Category="Unattended" Name="Activate Autologon" Selected="false" Value="" />
<Element Category="Unattended" Name="Turn Off Password Expiration" Selected="true" />

Both Accounts work with the set password and the user "Hans" without administration rights. But in the managment console the option "password never expires" is only activated for the account "Administrator".

I hope you understand me, otherwise we should change to german. (-;

Greetings from the north blackforrest

Hans

more_horiz
Hello,

the next bug I found:

My Settings:
<Element Category="Privacy" Name="Microphone - Allow access to the microphone for this device" Selected="false" />
<Element Category="Privacy" Name="Microphone - Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" Selected="true" />
<Element Category="Privacy" Name="Microphone - Let apps use my microphone" Selected="true" />

After installation I checked the "Privacy Settings" and for the microphone the options "Let apps use my microphone" and "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone" are still active.

All other privacy settings are as I wanted.

Hans

more_horiz
Hi Trabbi,

thank you again for all your findings. Ok so just to check if I get it correctly. You select e.g. Work Folders and then save your *.wccf and if you open this exact *.wccf with WinReducer (or with an text editor) you see that Work Folders is set to false (unticked)? If this is the case then it is a bug. If you select to remove it and run the WinReducer process and then check the Last used file and it is unselected, then this is what should happen due to the protect preset setting. Smile

Concerning the Microphone: Can you please tell us the Windows Version you are working with as it might only be a bug for one version.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello Markus,

"You select e.g. Work Folders and then save your *.wccf and if you open this exact *.wccf with WinReducer (or with an text editor) you see that Work Folders is set to false (unticked)?"

Yes that's right. I always save my presets before I apply the configuration.

It is the build 10.0.18362.175 in 64 bit without the following updates.

Greetings

Hans

more_horiz
Hi trabbi,

I can now confirm your problem with the work folders. I made a new ticket in the bug section.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello Markus,

thank you for your reply.

Greetings

Hans

more_horiz
Hello,

in reply to:

I have now found out what activates this option. The Adobe Flash Player is removed if you remove Internet Explorer 11 in the features. If this is enabled or disabled, this does not happen.

Regards

Hans

more_horiz
Hi Trabbi,

thank you very much for your investigations! Smile I confirm the Adobe Flash behaviour.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
.Element Category="Remove - Accessories" Name="Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE.wim)" Selected="true"  is removing the entire Recovery folder in %Windows\System32\Recovery.   ReAgent.xml is required for Boot Menu in case of Dual boot Operating Systems.

more_horiz
Hello mackyreddy Smile

Thank you very much for your report !

I confirm this behavior and I also confirm that will be fixed in v2.3.8.1 [VIP] (Monday 28 September 2020) and v2.3.9.0 [ALL] (Friday 2 October 2020) !

You will have a new component named "Accessories - Windows Recovery Environment (Dual Boot Support)", so do not remove this component in order to keep the file Wink

P.S. : Next time could you please create a new discussion in the "Bugs" Forum section. Thanks Smile

more_horiz
Trabbi wrote:
Hello,

in reply to:

I have now found out what activates this option. The Adobe Flash Player is removed if you remove Internet Explorer 11 in the features. If this is enabled or disabled, this does not happen.

Regards

Hans

Hello Trabbi Smile

I modifed this behavior, while using the "Automatic Removing Process" ... thank you very much for your report !

Have a good day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum