The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[Info] When you removed apps, you may get trouble with KB2923768 Empty[Info] When you removed apps, you may get trouble with KB2923768

more_horiz
Hi@all,

Yesterday I noticed a behavior, which happened twice for me and till know I was not able to locate the problem. After installing windows updates on patchday, the login to my system suddenly lasts for about 3-5 minutes ( normally < 10sec ). First my user picture and the "Welcome" text is shown, then the screen becomes black and nothing happened, but after a few minutes, the desktop appears and I can work normally. All seems to be ok, but the login-time is not so funny.

I found out, that a combination of winreducer and KB2923768 is responsible for this.
I removed all modern ui points except

<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Immersive Control Panel" Selected="false" />
<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Java Script" Selected="false" />
<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Visual C++ Runtime" Selected="false" />

Installing KB2923768 refreshes the modern ui apps, which results in the behavior I mentioned above.

Uninstalling the patch will NOT change the behavior !

I found out that only two things will help:
- do not install KB2923768 if you removed your apps with winreducer
- create a new user account with all consequential

So…I hope I could help someone with these information and if someone has another solution to the problem, please post it here.

Bye

description[Info] When you removed apps, you may get trouble with KB2923768 EmptyRe: [Info] When you removed apps, you may get trouble with KB2923768

more_horiz
You need to disable the "APP readiness" service and problem is gone.

see
https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t492-black-screen-after-windows-update

or
https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t471-windows-update-issue

I dont know why WinterStorm wont fix this issue.

You can use WinToolkit to remove MetroUI apps and not get this problem after windows update.

description[Info] When you removed apps, you may get trouble with KB2923768 EmptyRe: [Info] When you removed apps, you may get trouble with KB2923768

more_horiz
Don't worry, it will be fixed in the next build !  Wink

more_horiz
hey is it ok now ?

more_horiz
I'm not sure, because I disabled the app readiness service and every new iso has all updates integrated so far.
Do you know a new KB number, that refreshes the ui apps ?
Then I can build a new iso without this patch and test it.

more_horiz
unfortunately i dont know.

but maybe winter or brittech know about an update
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum