The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinReducer to create a '.bat removal script' EmptyWinReducer to create a '.bat removal script'

more_horiz
Winter

Been thinking more about the removal process.
Would it be a good idea to create a removal script (.bat) for the removal process.

The steps might look like this...

Step 1.  Use WinReducer to make selections as per normal...
Step 2.  Click 'Finish' button
Step 3.  WinReducer compiles and saves a .bat script to process the removals  (possibly a separate .reg file if needed)
Step 4.  WinReducer asks, 'Would you like to execute the removal script now?'
Step 5.  Either execute the script or exit (unmount /discard)

My thinking behind this is because I believe it might be quicker to execute a single .bat file than issuing hundreds of separate 'cmd.exe' processess ???
Also, it would be very useful to have the script and add customisations to it, or run it separately on another image if needed.

Thanks for listening Winter.

descriptionWinReducer to create a '.bat removal script' EmptyRe: WinReducer to create a '.bat removal script'

more_horiz
Hey,

I've planned to add a tool to configure your own list in complement to mine, see this thread :

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t760-keep-files#6466

It's a KrX request for WinReducer 7.0, but it will be deployed for both v7.0 and 8.1 !

descriptionWinReducer to create a '.bat removal script' EmptyRe: WinReducer to create a '.bat removal script'

more_horiz
Thank you very much.

Looking forward to that feature   cheers

more_horiz
Thank you very much.

more_horiz
hey would you be satisfied with the keep file feature instead of the create batch file?

more_horiz
A keep list just isn't the same thing as a removal script, but thanks for asking.
There are lots of benefits of a batch script for the removal process - it can be easily and quickly reused, tweaked, quickly fix problems following advice from the forum...

You're quite handy with batch scripts Smile  surely you could help Winter provide such a solution, perhaps as an advanced feature within WinReducer.

more_horiz
hi,

for the moment the fastest solution could be this program i made

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1170-krx-product-wim-filelist

just use my tool on your untouched wim file.
after that let winreducer remove your stuff.
now use again my tool.
use winmerge (link also at my thread) and open both created textfiles you made with my tool.
go at winmerge at TOOL and PATCH GENARATOR.
select an path for the output file.
now you have a file that contains all changes made by winreducer.

now you could use notepad ++ and you need to remove all lines like "14,23d10" and replace the "< \" with

"rmdir /s /q " (without the ". FOR FOLDERS)
or
"del /q /f " (without the ". for FILES)

two more things.
if its an folder you need to delete the last "\", and if the path has got spaces you need to use "PATH WITH SPACES"

and rename this textfile (.txt) to .cmd (or .bat)
if you want to use that batch on a new wim file, you need to copy it to the root of your mounted wim file.

Just made a step by step "tutorial" if someone else is interested

more_horiz
Nice idea.
What happens with the registry changes?

more_horiz
hmm thats a good idea, i didnt think about that.

but you could load the registry of an untouched wim and use regshot (1st snapshot).
and after that load the reduced wim and use again regshot (2nd snapshot)

and compare it

more_horiz
hmm should i maybe write a small programm that goes step by step and says what to do?

also downloads the software (winmerge and regshot) and installs them and so on  ?

most of the steps will need to be done manually, but maybe i could improve that in the feature ?

more_horiz
Hi everyone, you guys can use only Portable SpyMe Tool for taking snapshot of both files and registry Very Happy

more_horiz
mrpotter2510 wrote:
Hi everyone, you guys can use only Portable SpyMe Tool for taking snapshot of both files and registry Very Happy

hi, thanks for that. I will get a look at that tool when i get home

more_horiz
hey, i read a  lot about Portable SpyMe Tool that it contains spyware/mailware in it.

I even uploaded it to virustotal:

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/3235cad6b5652c87f720ef59e235e7cf65de10b9d1bbb41f778fa36e3615964d/analysis/

more_horiz
Hmm, I think that's because of the Hooks.dll file which provides real-time monitoring, so some non-popular antiviruses will detect it wrong. I've used it for months and everything is fine Very Happy

more_horiz
Whilst we could all come up with usable ways to achieve what we want, it seems that the best solution would be from the source - Winreducer.  I've previously looked at the behaviour of Winreducer and it issued lots of command prompt actions, including the REG commands to reduce the iso.  If those commands could be compiled into a batch, that would be a better solution.

It also adds a bit more of an 'openness' to the software, whereby we could better help one another and spot potential problems without needing to patch and rebuild the software.

@Winter, you're doing a good job with this software and I do appreciate it.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum