The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] Black screen for login after install

+2
brittech
theKramer
6 posters

description[SOLVED] Black screen for login after install - Page 2 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Black screen for login after install

more_horiz
got it.

ok i will try it with VMWare and virtual box

description[SOLVED] Black screen for login after install - Page 2 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Black screen for login after install

more_horiz
Hi Kramer.

I have started my wccf all over again from Clean MDSN Dutch Windows.
And It works no black screen the issue is probably ATI Display driverĀ  but am not sure.
Will report how my windows remains stable.

Only Windows Faxen en scannen does not work, has to test more.

more_horiz
OK it's weird, when I removed part by part, no blackscreen. But when I removed all in one time, blackscreen appears :-/

more_horiz
mrpotter2510 wrote:
OK it's weird, when I removed part by part, no blackscreen. But when I removed all in one time, blackscreen appears :-/

Hi mrpotter.
Is that when you remove drivers components?

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
mrpotter2510 wrote:

Hi mrpotter.
Is that when you remove drivers components?

Hi there,
No, I didn't touch the drivers, I did 2 tests as below:
First test, I removed features, accessories, fonts, languages, metro apps, multimedia, networks, themes and services in one time => got black screen
Second test, I removed accessories+fonts+multimedia+networks+themes > saved, then removed languages+metro apps > saved, then features+services > saved. No any black screen in all 3 steps.
I can't understand Sad

more_horiz
hey thekramer,

i tested your iso:

i installed it, everything was ok.
after that i removed all driver except "storage intel", and removed all languages except "US"

and everything was ok. i will try again removeing all languages and drivers.

more_horiz
ok i got the same error, now i can test whats causing it

more_horiz
KrX wrote:

Hi KrX.
So removing the US language gave you the error, is that correct?
Can test my last wccf file, which I attached a few days ago, and remove all languages except US & French?

I live in France, so I use a French keyboard with a native english OS, as I am from Ireland and my first language is english...

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
KrX wrote:

Hi KrX.
So removing the US language gave you the error, is that correct?
Can test my last wccf file, which I attached a few days ago, and remove all languages except US & French?

I live in France, so I use a French keyboard with a native english OS, as I am from Ireland and my first language is english...

yes im testing with your iso and your wccf file.

im removing step by step everything at the moment.

now im removing all features.

more_horiz
ok removing ALL services and experimental winsxs cleanu boot.wim/install.wim seems to be ok, too.

no blackscreen so far.

i got an error while installing when i removed all features. i will test it also

more_horiz
i removed nearly all services (6 left) and all features (4 left), and nearly everything at remove, i didnt remove languages at the moment, but im removing drivers step by step.

no problems at the moment.
im removing scanner/printer drivers and net framework now

more_horiz
just wanted to inform you.

i thought it would be a driver that cause the problem so i removed them step by step, but after removing ALL drivers the black screen didnt appear.

so i started from beginning and removed everything i tested so far in 1 step, and no problem.

now im going to remove languages step by step

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
just wanted to inform you.

i thought it would be a driver that cause the problem so i removed them step by step, but after removing ALL drivers the black screen didnt appear.

Hi KrX.
Thx for all this testing :-)
I have an AMD mobo, HP printer/scanner & selecting the relevant options caused the black screen. I can share the wccf next week..
I defo had issues with both drivers section & languages section. I also tested both separately..

more_horiz
like i said, i used your iso and your wccf file you shared here.

i also installed it on vm player

only when i removed all languages i got this black screen.

i also install the gb-en language and the french keyboard

edit: i also got the feeling that something from the control panel section is causing it

EDIT2: also something from the features tab is causing the blackscreen

more_horiz
ok i got 1 item.

Features -> Windows Mobile PC

is getting me a blackscreen. i will search for more components. after i found all i will look what files need to be kept

EDIT: removing language pack support = no blackscreen

more_horiz
ok i removed ALL languages and only when i remove "United States" i get the blackscreen

so till now i get this blackscreen when removing:

"Languages -> United States"
"Features -> Windows Mobile PC"

more_horiz
Wow, awesome work KrX!
So you found no issues with drivers?
Thx so much for all this testing. Best Christmas present ever! :-D

more_horiz
no i didnt get any problems with drivers.

i will now try again from start and remove everything except those 2 components. hopefully it will work.

next step after that will be to look into which files need to be kept.

more_horiz
@thekramer

could you try this wccf file if you get back home ? it removes everything except those 2 components. just to know if you will or not will get the blackscreen.

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/75986588/file.html

i will do now some tests with that 2 components

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
ok i removed ALL languages and only when i remove "United States" i get the blackscreen

so till now i get this blackscreen when removing:

"Languages -> United States"
"Features -> Windows Mobile PC"

for Windows Mobile PC this 2 files are needed :

> \Windows\PolicyDefinitions\MobilePCMobilityCenter.admx
> \Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\MobilePCMobilityCenter.adml

without them the blackscreen happens

more_horiz
Hi KrX.
I will try the wccf file you uploaded this evening, hopefully.
I can confirm though, that if I do not remove US-English from Languages, I do not get a blackscreen.

Since I had a blackscreen when removing drivers, I will also test that separately, to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Thx for all your intensive investigation cheers

more_horiz
Hey guys,

KrX, it's a wonderful work you are doing my friend !

About the trouble with "Languages -> United States", I guess that's because you are trying to use United Kingdom language, and maybe some "United States" files are needed (dependent english files).

EDIT : Just a thing, I saw in the wccf. why don't you activate "Protect VMware" or "Protect VirtualBox". I thought you used a virtual machine ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

EDIT : Just a thing, I saw in the wccf. why don't you activate "Protect VMware" or "Protect VirtualBox". I thought you used a virtual machine ?

because i was testing if some components protected by those presets produce a blackscreen, i wanted to test every single option to hopefully fix this blackscreen forever.

EDIT: even when i dont use those presets and i remove ALL components/drivers i can successfully install my os on vm ware and virtualbox

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
for Windows Mobile PC this 2 files are needed :

> \Windows\PolicyDefinitions\MobilePCMobilityCenter.admx
> \Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\MobilePCMobilityCenter.adml

without them the blackscreen happens

and for:
Languages -> United States

> \Windows\System32\en-US\d2d1.dll.mui

this is needed. so far i removed ALL components and just needed to keep those 3 files to get no problem with a blackscreen. i will do some more testing.

more_horiz
Hi KrX.
I have not advanced any further on my testing as my PC is deciding not to load old wccf files in winreducer.
Looks like I will have to do it manually...

more_horiz
Hi KrX
I tried this yesterday, but it wont install as it doesnt have requisite storage drivers.
I will try again tonight and include storage drivers.

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
Hi KrX
I tried this yesterday, but it wont install as it doesnt have requisite storage drivers.
I will try again tonight and include storage drivers.

ah you used my wccf file?

yeah you should deselect everything you need.

more_horiz
Hi KrX.
I got an error titled CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED when I tried to use your wccf, so I dont feel like debugging your wccf file to debug my problem!! I am not as dedicated as you :-PĀ 

However, I have tested all components except for Optimizations, and everything works OK so far.
I will add in Optimizations this evening and report back with my results.

more_horiz
like i said for me those 2 components where the problem:

Features: Windows Mobile PC

all other worked.

so you dont need my wccf file just select everything you want except those 2 components

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
like i said for me those 2 components where the problem:

Features: Windows Mobile PC

all other worked.

so you dont need my wccf file just select everything you want except those 2 components

Yeah, I have been keeping those two items and have not had an issue since.
I'm going to test removing Optimizations tonight, and report back, but everything points to what you have found is correct!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum