The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] Black screen for login after install

+2
brittech
theKramer
6 posters

description[SOLVED] Black screen for login after install - Page 3 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Black screen for login after install

more_horiz
so if you use the optimizations and get no blackscreen the 3 files that cause the problem should be added to the imported files preset, and hopefully the blackscreen will be history Wink

description[SOLVED] Black screen for login after install - Page 3 EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Black screen for login after install

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
so if you use the optimizations and get no blackscreen the 3 files that cause the problem should be added to the imported files preset, and hopefully the blackscreen will be history Wink

All good bounce
I did my test last night, with optimizations included and it worked perfectly. No blackscreen.

I think we can consider this issue closed.

A million thanks KrX for all your dilligent work over Christmas. I give you a big round of applause cheers

@winter: Can you add the files KrX found to the protected files list?
@brittech/temp5122: Can you guys test winreducer without US English selected in languages and without Mobile PC in the FEATURES tab.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Sure, I will add this in the next build v1.38 (too short for v1.37, released this morning) !

The excellent work made by KrX helped me a lot to figure this out, so ...

theKramer wrote:
A million thanks KrX for all your dilligent work over Christmas. I give you a big round of applause cheers

And I'm joining you to thank him :
cheers

more_horiz
Hey theKramer and KrX,

I sent you an important PM ... Wink

more_horiz
ok i will test it.

so all 3 files are now kept?

it could be possible that i missed 1 file, i will let you know

more_horiz
Yep, thank you KrX !

more_horiz
so first i removed everything except those 2 components.
 OK

after that i removed Language US
- Everything OK

now testing moble pc

more_horiz
hmm ok Features: Windows Mobile PC

the blackscreen still exists. i will get a look at that

more_horiz
hey winter this

< \Windows\PolicyDefinitions\MobilePCMobilityCenter.admx

should be protected but it was removed.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hey winter this

< \Windows\PolicyDefinitions\MobilePCMobilityCenter.admx

should be protected but it was removed.

so when protecting this is should be ok and the blackscreen shouldnt happen anymore Wink

PS: i just saw that when removing the EN-US language this folder and all files are left:

install.wim\Windows\System32\en-US\

but before it was removed (when im not mistaken)

more_horiz
Hey,

For "\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\MobilePCMobilityCenter.admx" I've made a mistake, so it wasn't work as it should. I'm preparing a new one.

For language, I guess that theKramer, and your tests are using en-gb iso and not en-us ?

more_horiz
yes i use an iso that thekramer is also using.

it is en-gb and is used with a french keyboard layout

EDIT: but like i said i think that the en-us folder was removed before

more_horiz
Yes, you are right, because I think that's related ... could you please tell me how many files are in the en-gb system32 folder ? Thanks.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Yes, you are right, because I think that's related ... could you please tell me how many files are in the en-gb system32 folder ? Thanks.

there is 1 folder "License" and 831 files (including the d2d1.dll.mui that should be protected to prevent the blackscreen)

EDIT: and the License folder is empty

more_horiz
OK, thanks, and in the en-us system32 folder ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
OK, thanks, and in the en-us system32 folder ?

ah sorry i misread the other post. my above post was related to the en-us folder (License empty and 831 files included the d2d1.dll.mui)

the en-gb folder has got the folder License with 3 more folders

and 556 files, but the d2d1.dll.mui isnt there

more_horiz
OK, this is exactly what I thought ... in fact, for en-gb iso, en-us system32 folder is necessary ... Wink

I will send you a new test in less than 1 or 2 hours !

more_horiz
KrX, it's available ... Wink Thanks for the feedback ... Smile

more_horiz
\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\MobilePCMobilityCenter.admx

was again deleted

now testing en-us

EDIT: removing en-us and all files are still at system32/en-us

more_horiz
en-us system32 folder is only kept for en-gb iso (for d2d1.dll or surely many other files), so for your german iso the en-us system32 folder will be removed because not necessary.

EDIT : for mobilepc file, I will solve this tomorrow

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
en-us system32 folder is only kept for en-gb iso (for d2d1.dll or surely many other files), so for your german iso the en-us system32 folder will be removed because not necessary.

EDIT : for mobilepc file, I will solve this tomorrow

ok good to know.

more_horiz
Hi winter.
Did you protect the files that KrX mentioned in Winreducer.
For the moment, I do not select to remove:
Languages -> United States
Features: Windows Mobile PC

I have not had any issues since.

more_horiz
Hey theKramer,

The bug with "Languages -> United States" should be solved .. To avoid trouble with "en-GB", the system32 and syswow64 "en-US" folders are kept because many files are necessary for "en-GB", which you could only find them in the "en-US" folders !

Could you please give a shot and let me know, to see if "Features: Windows Mobile PC" always have an impact on your bug ... thanks !

Please let me know.

more_horiz
Will do Smile

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I can verify that the issue is resolved for US English.
I still have to verify if the issue occurs for the Mobile PC component.
Will keep you posted Smile

more_horiz
Hey,

OK excellent ... will wait your feedback ... thank you very much !

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
I still have to verify if the issue occurs for the Mobile PC component.
Will keep you posted Smile

hey, did you try it ?

more_horiz
OK. Works with Mobile PC component removed also.

SOLVED Smile

more_horiz
thanks for the info Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum