The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
Hi winter.
Why does Winreducer 8.1 require Windows 8.1 to function? 
Could it not work with Windows 8?

It makes it a lot more difficult to test as I now have to test from within a Windows 8.1 VM.

Thx.
theKramer

This, is it possible to manipulate 8.1 from windows 8?

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
@amine20 : it should be fix in the beta 2 Wink 

@spidernz and theKramer : No it's locked to windows 8.1, sorry guys Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@spidernz and theKramer : No it's locked to windows 8.1, sorry guys Wink
Is there some new functionality in DISM in Windows 8.1 that you need for WR8.1, or some other reason? Crying or Very sad

more_horiz
Beta 2 available for Lifetime VIP with around 300 components inside !

Very Happy

EDIT : Beta 1 link has changed => http://sdrv.ms/GP5Ijh

@theKramer : yes and yes ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Beta 2 available for Lifetime VIP with around 300 components inside !

Very Happy

EDIT : Beta 1 link has changed => http://sdrv.ms/GP5Ijh

@theKramer : yes and yes ... Wink
Just wondering, when will Beta 2 be available to all members? I'm looking forward to testing It out.

For those of you who're testing Winreducer v8.1 and have Windows 8 Installed (hence not compatible to run on Windows 8 ), just create a VM with Hyper-V (defaulted to Windows 8, provided your CPU has SLAT/hardware assisted virtualization support for compatibility). Upon creating Hyper-V, make sure you create an "External switch", thus allowing communication between the Guest and Host OS. Map a network drive from the VM to the Host, and you can then chop and change files between the two.

You can now exchange all files with Winreducer, the Windows 8.1 OS, and whatever else you require, hence allowing to test Winreducer v8.1 & Windows 8.1 with ease.

more_horiz
Will there be the option to log in as Administrator (local account) without using an email address?

more_horiz
@inallsorts : it will be available tomorrow as planned in the beta schedule thread ... Wink 

@carlese: in beta 2, there are no unattended options, but in beta 3 they will be available with your requested option ... Wink

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 EmptyProblem using WinReducer being able to remove items

more_horiz
I am a current user of WinReducer 8 and like the way it works. I downloaded WinrReducer 8.1 and setup the other file requirements and extracted an 8.1 ISO image and tried to use it to remove some items and was unable to get it to work.  When I launched it using the "Folder" icon, it came back with the prompt to "Save in a WIM file" or "Save in a ISO" without me doing any removals.  Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

more_horiz
Download tomorrow's build. The build you used has no removing functionality because it is the first beta. Tomorrow's build, beta 2, will Smile.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@inallsorts : it will be available tomorrow as planned in the beta schedule thread ... Wink 
Cool, I'm eagerly looking forward to putting It to the test.

Thanks once again, for your dedication In providing us with an awesome tool to work with Smile

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.75 (beta 2) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/GP5VTM
There are almost 300 components (no unattended yet) and if you try the "Load" Presets button, you will have some debug window I forgot to remove, so it's not necessary to inform me about that because they will be removed in the beta 3 !

This beta 2 should be stable, even with all components removed : "Load" and "Save" presets button should work correctly and I also improved the Windows Edition detection to support more official Windows 8.1 ISO. In "Tweaks", you will find many new ones for Winreducer 8.1 ...

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread Very Happy

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ...

cheers

more_horiz
hey

isn´t here a letter lost? (Panel)

and what is "Remove Pin to Start Screen"?
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 R3kaeh5rsm5y

---------------------

i didn´t know what  "On top" mean at first. but than i found out and though that "Show on top" or "Show allways on top" be better.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 Yz8djixikpl

------------------------

here
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 Ntktisvy547c

on the right: if the option is blank it doesnt use it right? enabled and removed is also ok but why "-" ?
xml  line 72 : <Remover Enable="Aktivieren" Disable="Deaktivieren" Remove="Entfernen"/> normaly the "-" should be "Disabled" or?

and on the left:

i clicked e.g. features and enabled it, on the right than the window from above shows up. when i clicked than options and enabled it the window on the right was hidden. and when i wanted the features window to appear again i needed to enable/disable and click on the name "Features" a lot of times to get the window shown again

----------------------

the "bug" at bootable usb device where at german language a letter was incorrect shown: i will look at that in a few days. a friend of mine got my last usb device so i cant look for the bug.

but what i remember. i mentioned befor that it showes usb devices and HDD devices. but when i dont plug in a usb device it doesn´t show any devices (not even my HDD)

more_horiz
i have try bera 2 . 2 time both time wim file deleted from folder and just 1.95 mb folder size what problem ???

more_horiz
@KrXKrx2 :
1) In "Tweaks" list :
a) No letter lost, it's the same name in WinReducer 8.0
b) "Remove Pin to Start Screen" removes all right context menu to pin application, folders in the start menu.

2) "On top" : yes OK, please change it to "Show on Desktop", I will change it in the beta 3

3) In "Features" panel :
a)  In your example, "-" means that you could only choose "Enable" or "Remove", because this features is already disable and blank means no choice (= leave it as it is). I will plan to add this in the HowTo
b) For the bug, it will be resolved in the beta 3, thank you

4) OK, I will wait for your feedback for usb text

@dave999 :
I discover a bug, when you use save in wim file, it bugs if you do not specify a split size, so wait for the beta 3, it will be solved. Thank you for your feedback

@all :
If you upgrade the WinReducer 8.1 default theme to beta 2 theme, you will have the possibility to reduce the size of the window during the removing process using this :
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 Updown10

Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.75 (beta 2) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/GP5VTM
There are almost 300 components (no unattended yet) and if you try the "Load" Presets button, you will have some debug window I forgot to remove, so it's not necessary to inform me about that because they will be removed in the beta 3 !

This beta 2 should be stable, even with all components removed : "Load" and "Save" presets button should work correctly and I also improved the Windows Edition detection to support more official Windows 8.1 ISO. In "Tweaks", you will find many new ones for Winreducer 8.1 ...

cheers
Many thanks for this, truly appreciate It.

I shall put It to the test within the next couple of days or so, and provide feedback thereafter.
Well done.

more_horiz
ISO creation fail with ISO option but WIM reduce to 1.57 gb ... create usb drive (not from in built usb Creator )  but fail to boot  boot \bcd  error ..... something wrong with boot area

more_horiz
dave999 wrote:
ISO creation fail with ISO option but WIM reduce to 1.57 gb ... create usb drive (not from in built usb Creator )  but fail to boot  boot \bcd  error ..... something wrong with boot area
Have you tried to create an ISO with another Windows media?

I'm just trying to establish whether It's the Windows files Itself, that are actually giving you Issues.

more_horiz
ISO unnecessary file deletion deleted all boot related file  even boot.wim. its delete all boot related file even bcd too. i reduce without this option iso working file ...in app deletion bing travel and weather still there not deleted ... rocking ............Laughing Laughing bounce bounce

more_horiz
I used the options I liked on an updated 8.1 enterprise x64 (except ISO unnecessary file deletion) and had an ISO in the end of 3,3gb. I don't care too much for a smaller iso, but more for a smaller installation size. The x64 installation size of windows 8.1 x64 enterprise was 6,2gb. Not too bad :DNo issues detected (I used the beta 2 without theme)

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 EmptyBeta3

more_horiz
when Beta3 Release?

more_horiz
Hey guys, thanks for your feedbacks ... Very Happy 

Beta 3 will be available later today for Lifetime VIP and in 2 days for all members ... In fact, the schedule for WinReducer 8.1 is always good ... But there will be a beta 4 before the release, so there could be a small delay for the final release (estimated : maximum 1 week) ... Crying or Very sad

more_horiz
WinReducer 8.1 v0.85 (beta 3) is available for Lifetime VIP members ...

There are no unattended or customizations options yet, but you could remove up to 465 components from Windows 8.1 ...

So you could hope an x86 wim file size around 985 Mo ... Wink 

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 Icon_cheers

more_horiz
hi winterstorm2050

i got my usb sticks back today so i tested it with the bootable usb stick tool.

when i unplug the stick all is ok. when i plug it in i dont see anything in the window:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 A3r86ggfnja

edit: xml line 98:

<USB Number="Zahl" Name="Name"/>

at the picture you can see at bouth number and name the same text for number !

more_horiz
Hey,

I fixed all your bugs, thank you to have informed me and it will be available in the beta 3 ... Wink

more_horiz
At the time of this post, I'm testing Winreducer v8.1 Beta 2, on Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition x64.

The ISO creator seems to be taking It's time to finalize the process. I'm hoping all will go well.
I shall post the outcome soon.

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I get this error when installing a reduced Win8.1. I'm using beta 3. This occurs before any setup screen appears. I get the bootscreen with the fish and then this...
Sorry, I forgot my wccf file. I will hopefully have time tonight to try again without selecting to clean the boot files option.
Thx.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 Vbox10

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.85 (beta 3) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/167DSdd
There are up to 485 components (still no unattended yet) !

cheers

more_horiz
it's possible to integrate .net 3.5 with this beta3?
the option is grayed out...and if i try to integrate manually with dism and then open the image with winreducer i have an error.

thanks

more_horiz
Hi

where you can download a theme or am I doing it wrong

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 0980147d044bec4fbbce8f6bc9479163 WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 Eda50484bab4dd78783cbb686325ce44 WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 2 99dad67dc4737d9ec2d0ccb781665fbf

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.85 (beta 3) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/167DSdd
There are up to 485 components (still no unattended yet) !

cheers
Awesome work Winter.

I've hit the download now, and will test shortly after. I'm not too fussed with the unattened- as I create my own xml file.
Just for Informative purposes, I've applied Winreducer v8.1 Beta 2 on Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64, tested all components, and all went well.

Thanks again for your dedication and hard work.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum