The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
Niko wrote:
Hi

where you can download a theme or am I doing it wrong

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 0980147d044bec4fbbce8f6bc9479163 WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Eda50484bab4dd78783cbb686325ce44 WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 99dad67dc4737d9ec2d0ccb781665fbf
The theme comes in a separate zip file in the same skydrive link as the winreducer program. If you open the skydrive link again, you will see 2 zip files.
Put put the contents of the 2nd zip file in THEMES folder within the HOME folder within the Winreducer directory.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
bay12 wrote:
it's possible to integrate .net 3.5 with this beta3?
the option is grayed out...
You answered your own question Smile 
winter is going to be releasing several betas, where options from Winreducer 8 will all gradually be phased in, so if there are any bugs its easier for him to track and fix, than if he were to deliver the whole program in one go and possibly have 20 bugs to deal with in one go.

@Everybody: Please remember that winter is doing this all on his own. This is not a program developed by a big company that has the resources to test and deliver a fully working program. We're his testing team, so it'll take time Smile

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
Niko wrote:
Hi

where you can download a theme or am I doing it wrong

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 0980147d044bec4fbbce8f6bc9479163 WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Eda50484bab4dd78783cbb686325ce44 WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 99dad67dc4737d9ec2d0ccb781665fbf
The theme comes in a separate zip file in the same skydrive link as the winreducer program. If you open the skydrive link again, you will see 2 zip files.
Put put the contents of the 2nd zip file in THEMES folder within the HOME folder within the Winreducer directory.
please lay HOME folder with all the files separately

always comes out error

more_horiz
Hello all,

The bug is normal, you haven't put it in the good folder, as theKramer told you Wink... Because you sent it to a folder named "1" in your screenshot ..

So, I repeat what theKramer already told you, here is the right folder path :

==> WinReducer81 (with WinReducer81.exe) -> HOME -> THEMES : please put it in here, and it will work ... Very Happy

Just let me know if you succeed ... otherwise I will take time to improve this part ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Will be there a x64 version? Because this Beta 3 in download is a 32bit. Thanks.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello all,

The bug is normal, you haven't put it in the good folder, as theKramer told you Wink... Because you sent it to a folder named "1" in your screenshot ..

So, I repeat what theKramer already told you, here is the right folder path :

==> WinReducer81 (with WinReducer81.exe) -> HOME -> THEMES : please put it in here, and it will work ... Very Happy

Just let me know if you succeed ... otherwise I will take time to improve this part ... Very Happy
all else fails, perhaps the fact that the system ruskoyazychnyh (Russian localization)

Sad

more_horiz
Hey,
It's a bit annoying that we can't use WR81 on W8.
Is it because Windows 81 uses a newer DISM version? If yes, as I was able to get the DISM files from Win81 and use them from Windows 8 to integrate offline updates on the 8.1 wim file, can't we cheat WinReducer by telling him to use this dism folder too?

Something like set path="c:\path-to-new-dism";%path%
I am already doing that with KUC and it works great.
Thanks for your feedback.

more_horiz
MrosPros wrote:
Will be there a x64 version? Because this Beta 3 in download is a 32bit. Thanks.
Excellent question my friend : for the moment there will be no WinReducer 8.1 x64 builds but maybe when the release will reach final status ... Very Happy 

Niko wrote:
all else fails, perhaps the fact that the system ruskoyazychnyh (Russian localization)
Sad
I will improve that part to be much more simpler in beta 4 ... Wink

seiferflo wrote:
Hey,
I will have a look on this Very Happy

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Emptywindows 8.1 x64

more_horiz
i have windows 8.1 x64, I'll have to wait out excellent program thanks

more_horiz
But i can reduce the W8.1 x64 with the beta 3 and a W8.1 x86? Or only I can reduce the x86 version of W8.1?

more_horiz
Hello guys,

You could reduce Windows 8.1 x86 and x64 with WinReducer 8.1 build ....

more_horiz
hey winterstorm2050

the bug a at bootable usb device is still there:

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 U964v5f2jsmv

----------------------

i found also a new once (i think)

i downloaded beta 3 and replaced all files of my winreducer folder. after starting it it said a new version is available. i clicked the download button and than i couldnt get back to the launcher (clicking X on top didnt do anything i needed to cancel the process
WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Neue-Bitmap--8-.jpg

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 EmptyBug repeated

more_horiz
Use of Iso unnecessary file deletion also delete all  boot related file like bcd and bootwim and related folder too then  cannot bootable  ISO this bug in best 2 and even beat 3 too. its work great if don't selected this option. usb problem still there too

more_horiz
seiferflo wrote:
Hey,
I agree.

What I've done Is Installed Windows 8.1 on my VM (Hyper-V defaulted to Windows 8 ), created an external virtual switch, then mapped a network drive from the VM to the Host OS, thus allowing communication between the two, so I can Interchange files.

I'm running Winreducer v8.1 on my VM (with Windows 8.1 Installed), and all Is functioning without error.

more_horiz
dave999 wrote:
Use of Iso unnecessary file deletion also delete all  boot related file like bcd and bootwim and related folder too then  cannot bootable  ISO this bug in best 2 and even beat 3 too. its work great if don't selected this option. usb problem still there too
This should be fixed in beta 4 ! Thank you for your feedback ... Very Happy

more_horiz
which component removed makes windows search not working? natural language? speech?

more_horiz
Does the Reducer works with Windows 8.1 Enterprise?

more_horiz
bay12 wrote:
which component removed makes windows search not working? natural language? speech?
It's natural language as no protect presets have been implemented, it should be in beta 4 ... Very Happy 

Veki385 wrote:
Normally, yes ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
bay12 wrote:
It's natural language as no protect presets have been implemented, it should be in beta 4 ... Very Happy 

Veki385 wrote:
Normally, yes ... Wink
Great,then i will try Win 8 Enterprise and WinReducer b4 Smile

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 EmptyBeta4

more_horiz
when will Beta 4 be available to all members?

more_horiz
I can't say exactly when for the moment, but it will be available soon .... Wink

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I think regarding my error I posted on "Thu 17 Oct - 9:00" might be related to having removed files needed for VirtualBox.
Besides, Intel Storage, what else is needed for VB?
Thx.

more_horiz
Hey theKramer,

I'm currently doing some tests for beta 4, and if they are OK, I will release it today ... I added "Protected Presets" and "Unattended" components with many other components cleaning improvements and new components to be removed ... for up to 544 different components ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.90 (beta 4) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/1a7NKTu
There are up to 545 components available with Unattended and Protected presets activated !

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ...

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Icon_cheers

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
Hi winter.
I get this error when installing a reduced Win8.1. I'm using beta 3. This occurs before any setup screen appears. I get the bootscreen with the fish and then this...
Sorry, I forgot my wccf file. I will hopefully have time tonight to try again without selecting to clean the boot files option.
Thx.

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Vbox10
hey, i've got that error before when trying to install W8.1 preview on VirtualBox. seems like that only occur with VirtualBox, because when i installed it on VMware Player everything work fine
u can try this solution http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-error-0x000000c4-unable-to-install-windows-8-1-using-virtualization

more_horiz
Will you make the Winreducer 8.1 compatible with Windows 8? It's kinda stupid that you first have to install win 8.1 to make custom install cd to install win 8.1 again.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 Emptyadd services settings

more_horiz
hey winterstorm2050

version 0.90 work good please add services setting(Disable,Enable,Remove) for us until we can manually set services situation For faster windows 8.1

Thank you so much

Have a nice day!

more_horiz
xmasivex wrote:
Will you make the Winreducer 8.1 compatible with Windows 8? It's kinda stupid that you first have to install win 8.1 to make custom install cd to install win 8.1 again.
Hi xmasivex.
Welcome to the forum.
To answer your question, if winterstorm2050 does something in a specific way, its because he has a very good reason for doing it that way...

This issue has been discussed in page 2 of this thread. Also, a possible workaround has been provided in page 3 by seiferflo.

And please, show a bit more respect for the wonderful work winter is doing on this awesome tool!!!

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
xmasivex wrote:
Hi xmasivex.
Welcome to the forum.
To answer your question, if winterstorm2050 does something in a specific way, its because he has a very good reason for doing it that way...

This issue has been discussed in page 2 of this thread. Also, a possible workaround has been provided in page 3 by seiferflo.

And please, show a bit more respect for the wonderful work winter is doing on this awesome tool!!!
I don't mean to disrescpect, I'm aware of using virtual machines to use the 8.1 version but I was wondering if you will eventually make it to work on win 8. I thought I would wait for final release (which would hopefully work on win Cool, to edit the iso and then install the win 8.1 . But if that's not going to be the case, it's fine, I'll use the virtual machine then.
I appriciate all the work you people do, to make it easier for us bums.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 3 EmptyBugs

more_horiz
winreducer 8.1 0.90 has many problems

*can not reduce windows size(windows 8.1 pro x86)
*can not clean unneeded file on sources Folder
*has not driver option for add drivers
*has not option for services manager
*has not import or export reg file (WIM REGISTRY EDITOR)
*Program speed is low(my cpu is 6 core)
*at the end of progress bar when not completed(x/x) go and we see iso file creator
and .............................

Please first test program and if not has big problems release it(low Bugs no problem)

please fix all bugs

This problems Non-acceptable
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum