The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

+73
parapher
Jpm
livingsilver94
demo71
pricecaptain
Mr.T
waldi84
pedilover
xuke771
T3st3r
leom81
castillo92
Alphonso Elric
freak.vulgar
Archimede
gougitany1
ffrules
neoss
dany00711
Cyber2000
FAFAŁ
test55
Cryoniq
YubiGalaxy
lss7777
muharremerd
aymanalz
bart3lon
websun
scottallthefriends
brazilcoco
ruby2hora
~BSOD~
yselimk
zumoc
aydentist86
Greatmetal
burt88
caphp
ziloth
Blaireau
Karolina
bymax
Ducco
mido26683
hclarkjr
Intelmaster
NODeath
slickric21
xmasivex
mrpotter2510
Veki385
sc7es
rafa9009
seiferflo
MrosPros
Niko
bay12
savale
dave999
billybully
gjoyal
carlese
spidernz
lucaskent
amin20
KrX
panman
inallsorts
theKramer
tupac4u
mau370
winterstorm2050
77 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
amine20,

to answer you with all your questions :

1 - reducing works great for me with x86 or x64, core or professional ISO

2 - cleaning uneeded file on sources Folder works great for me with x86 or x64, core or professional ISO

3 - it's normal, because no driver integrating option is implemented yet. It will be ...

4 - it's normal, because no services configuration (including removing) is implemented yet. It will be ...

5 - "import or export reg file (WIM REGISTRY EDITOR)" ? don't understand what you mean

6 - program is responsiveness even in a virtual machine

7 - the problem with progress bar is going to be fixed

8 - "please fix all bugs" : this is a beta build so nothing is perfect ! I'm working steps by steps, as theKramer explained that few days ago, to be sure to avoid important bugs ... I'm doing like this also because I thought it was a good idea to share some builds with all members, like this they could participate to the development of WinReducer 8.1 and have the latest builds before anyone else ...

9 - "Please first test program and if not has big problems release it(low Bugs no problem)" and "This problems Non-acceptable" : may I need to remember you that's a free software, so it means you don't pay to use it  ...  In my point of view, this is your commentary that is non-acceptable, so if you experienced bugs, just tell me I will try to fix them, as I always do ...

For your removing problem, with your non reduced ISO, are you sure, you're using SetACL with the latest version?

EDIT : Just for the record ... WinReducer v0.95 ISO size : x64 = 1.6 Go  //  x86 = 1.1 Go ... with many bugs fixed ... Wink

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion)

more_horiz
amin20 wrote:
winreducer 8.1 0.90 has many problems

*can not reduce windows size(windows 8.1 pro x86)
*can not clean unneeded file on sources Folder
*has not driver option for add drivers
*has not option for services manager
*has not import or export reg file (WIM REGISTRY EDITOR)
*Program speed is low(my cpu is 6 core)
*at the end of progress bar when not completed(x/x) go and we see iso file creator
and .............................

Please first test program and if not has big problems release it(low Bugs no problem)

please fix all bugs

This problems Non-acceptable
You are using it on your own, [word removed]. If you find these errors unacceptable, then code your own software.

Idiot.

By the way, winter, I think he is referring to a WinToolkit feature called WIM Registry Editor (click here). It basically lets you modify the registry of your mounted WIM files. It is a pretty convenient tool, but it ain't that much.

more_horiz
billybully you are [word removed] ?

this is better shut the hell up?ok

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 4 EmptyBugs

more_horiz
before i used winreducer windows size 2.87GB
after i used winreducer windows size 2.26GB

if you want i can give screenshot

in source folder unneeded file exist(not delete by winreducer)

i say winreducer 0.90, not i say winreducer 0.95

my goal only help you and not my purpose Upset you but i am sory if me upset you
You are right(may I never post a replay)

Have a nice day!

more_horiz
v0.95 will be the next build, so it's not yet available ...

You could try to recreate entirely your WinReducer folder, by restarting configuration from the beginning, to see if it works better ... Just delete the folder and do a new installation. What SetACL version are you using ? because you need the latest available in the setacl website (download link available in the readme and/or howto pdf files in the zip package)

Have a nice day too ... Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Here we go with WinReducer 8.1 v0.90 (beta 4) is available for all members, follow the short Skydrive link below to download it :
http://sdrv.ms/1a7NKTu
There are up to 545 components available with Unattended and Protected presets activated !

So if you'll discover a bug, please let me know in this thread WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Enough talking, go test this new WinReducer 8.1 build ...

WinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 4 Icon_cheers
Awesome work mate.

Your hard work Is truly appreciated.
Thanking you Smile

more_horiz
I slimmed down my enterprise x64 big time (5,5GB installed) with the new beta 4, but I broke a few things when I installed it in virtualbox:

1) At "windows setup cannot configure windows for this hardware"

2) "The component store has been corrupted" when I try to install .net 3.5

Solution for 1)
Shift F10
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Cd c:\windows\system32\oobe
Msoobe
This should force it to finalize and create computer name, password, time, etc.

I am going to make a new version, but it would be nice if one could point me in the right direction. I attached my wccf

http://www.savale.nl/files/WinReducer81.wccf

more_horiz
amin20 wrote:
winreducer 8.1 0.90 has many problems

*can not reduce windows size(windows 8.1 pro x86)
*can not clean unneeded file on sources Folder
*has not driver option for add drivers
*has not option for services manager
*has not import or export reg file (WIM REGISTRY EDITOR)
*Program speed is low(my cpu is 6 core)
*at the end of progress bar when not completed(x/x) go and we see iso file creator
and .............................

Please first test program and if not has big problems release it(low Bugs no problem)

please fix all bugs

This problems Non-acceptable
amin20.
There is a reason that this is called beta software. That is because its not the final version. Also, if you had read the first posts in this thread, you would have seen that winter is going to add features in phases.

Also, and I have stated this already in this thread, winter is just 1 guy. He is not M$ who can afford to pay hundreds of people to test their products. The people on this forum are his testing team. I would rather winter focused on developing and us testing for him than for him to spend all his time testing.

winter spends all his spare time developing this awesome tool. If you dont want to help winter and this community by testing, then just wait until the WinReducer 8.1 is released as a final version...

more_horiz
amin20 wrote:
billybully you are Idiot?

this is better shut the hell up?ok
@billybully & amin20: please refrain from personal abuse on this forum. Things have overall been quite respectful and civil up to now, so please lets keep it that way.

@billybully: I can see why you may have taken exception to what amin20 said, but calling people idiots is not the way to talk to people on this forum. If you have a problem with a poster, then private message me or codeMe or as a last resort winter, but please dont speak like that again to a poster. It affects us all, and could prevent people with valid questions from posting from fear of abuse/rebuttal.

Thanks.

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 (Old discussion) - Page 4 Emptyreport version

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

Hey this is my version SOFTWARE

7z.dll , 7z.exe =  9.28.0.0
imagex =  6.2.9200.16384
oscdimg=  2.56.0.1010
ResHacker= 3.6.0.92
SetACL= 3.0.6.0

Good luck winterstorm2050
-------------------------
@  theKramer : you are right. i never unrespect  anybody but billybully unrespect me By the way
you are right

i respect winterstorm2050 because he work hard if i post a reply my goal only help him.

Good luck thekramer

more_horiz
savale wrote:
I slimmed down my enterprise x64 big time (5,5GB installed) with the new beta 4, but I broke a few things when I installed it in virtualbox:

Solution for 1)
Shift F10
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Msoobe

I am going to make a new version, but it would be nice if one could point me in the right direction. I attached my wccf

1. Did you select the "Protect VirtualBox" presets? You may have removed the neccessary drivers. Although looking at your solution, it does not seem to be that..

For 2, I dont know, as I dont use WinReducer to integrate .Net

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
Awesome work mate.

Your hard work Is truly appreciated.
Thanking you Smile
You are welcome my friend ... Very Happy 

savale wrote:

Solution for 1)
Shift F10
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Msoobe

1) try the beta 5 when it will be available, this could solved this problem ... And first try theKramer idea, it could be that ... Excellent idea theKramer Smile 
2) Not tried this yet, as it's not implemented for the moment

amine20 wrote:
@winterstorm2050

Hey this is my version SOFTWARE

7z.dll , 7z.exe =  9.28.0.0
imagex =  6.2.9200.16384
oscdimg=  2.56.0.1010
ResHacker= 3.6.0.92
SetACL= 3.0.6.0

Good luck winterstorm2050
-------------------------
@  theKramer : you are right. i never unrespect  anybody but billybully unrespect me By the way
you are right

i respect winterstorm2050 because he work hard if i post a reply my goal only help him.

Good luck thekramer
Hey my friend, Very Happy

It's seems you are using all good version of software ...

amine20 wrote:
before i used winreducer windows size 2.87GB
after i used winreducer windows size 2.26GB
It seems your reduced your ISO size by 600Mo ... So how many components did you remove ? because the more components you select to remove, the less your ISO will be ... Wink 

more_horiz
hey

i select all component for remove  Apart from the 3 things(24 component - 3= 21 component i removed)

windows size 2.26GB

1-.net framework 4.5
2-Remote access connection
3-windows search

more_horiz
Amine20, are you saying you removed 21 components ? because winreducer 8.1 v0.90 could reduce up to 545 components ... So could you please copy/paste here your winreducer81.wccf file ? (you could find it in your ISO) Don't forget to remove your windows serial key ... Wink

more_horiz
I send for you(WinReducer81.wccf)==> private message

more_horiz
amin20 wrote:
I send for you(WinReducer81.wccf)==> private message
Got it, I will check it later ... Thank you ...

rafa9009 wrote:
***** 23/10/2013 01:10:27 p.m. - SESSION OPENED *****
CRITICAL ERROR : Your WinReducer 8.1 Folder path uses spaces ==> choose another Folder path without spaces
***** 23/10/2013 01:10:27 p.m. - SESSION CLOSED *****

how can i fix it ?
If you use spaces in the folder path, you need to remove them, so if you use for example = "C:\Users\Winter Storm\Desktop\WinReducer81" => remove the space between "Winter Storm" to have something like this "WinterStorm" or this "Winter_Storm". This will ensure to avoid many common troubles while creating your customized ISO ....

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
1) try the beta 5 when it will be available, this could solved this problem ... And first try theKramer idea, it could be that ... Excellent idea theKramer Smile 
2) Not tried this yet, as it's not implemented for the moment

Still can't  get the 2nd one solved with beta 4:

I still get the corrupted component store message when I try to install windows features:

configuration panel -> program features -> turn windows features on/off -> .net framework 3.5

more_horiz
hi i think u need more 2 beta version to solve all  problem .....i have suggestion . windows 8 +  have small core so it good work on low end  system too . but windows 8 boot check NX bit like support on system ... but there are one patch on net that bypass this system resource check and install on  low system too. this patch boot file .. and winreducer   remove component that heavy on system ... so can u give place to patch in win reducer so we can easily add this patch in iso .....

more_horiz
I'm hitting Winreducer v8.1 Beta 4 at the time of this post, and shall report the outcome soon.

It's great that the Unattended option has been Implemented, as well as the removal of Control Panel Items.
Great work.

more_horiz
video :

help

more_horiz
Hey guys,

savale wrote:
I confirm the bug, and I will try to fix it as soon as I can for beta 5. Thank you for your feedback !

Speaking of it, I'm working on adding all components to remove (customizations will come after) :
- integrating services configuration (enable, disable, remove,...) to be able to configure them easily
- integrating help tips
- integrating separate control panel cleaning to be able to remove components links in the control panel and if you want to also remove all control panel files ....

I hope to release the beta 5 in 3 days maximum, maybe Sunday 27 .... So stay tune my friends ...

EDIT : I created a new section in WinReducer 8.1 forum named "Presets" (Locked for the moment), in which we could discuss about components are needed to kept to create greats presets adapted to different configurations ...

Like those I created for WinReducer 8.0 and to offer new ones like for Gamers, Musicians, Scientific, ... I'm sure you will have many ideas ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Niko wrote:

help
Niko, you need to add in the "THEMES" folder = a folder named "WinReducer81" which contains the theme (because each themes need to be in their own folders and not only in the WinReducer "THEMES")

Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Niko wrote:

help
Niko, you need to add in the "THEMES" folder = a folder named "WinReducer81" which contains the theme (because each themes need to be in their own folders and not only in the WinReducer "THEMES")

Wink
video :

more_horiz
Try to delete your "winreducer81.xml" in the same folder as winreducer81.exe (this will help you reset your configuration)

more_horiz
with the latest beta 4...if i remove languages i get search broken...even if i check the preset (protect search)

more_horiz
savale wrote:
it will be fixed in beta 5 ... "Remove - Accessories - Accessibility" was responsible to this

bay12 wrote:
with the latest beta 4...if i remove languages i get search broken...even if i check the preset (protect search)
I'm on it ... Very Happy

more_horiz
ok thanks!i also noticed that after removing metro apps...if i open a video or picture..the default program set to open is: twinui ???i don't know if is winreducer..because i removed some components with dism wrote:
bay12 wrote:
I'm on it ... Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
savale wrote:
it will be fixed in beta 5 ... "Remove - Accessories - Accessibility" was responsible to this
Great that you found it! I can imagine these things are like a needle in a haystack (Dutch expression Wink)

more_horiz
I can confirm that Winreducer v8.1 Beta 4, works beautifully with Windows 8.1 enterprise edition x64.

I applied most settings, Inclusive of the unattended file, and all ran smoothly.

more_horiz
Beta 4 worked fine for me.

I only removed the MetroUI apps, but the .iso it created worked fine.

I used Wintoolkit to then integrate the GA hotfix/rollups.

When will the integration be added to Winreducer ?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum