The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Beginners discussion

+6
brittech
KrX
caphp
zesh_ii
winterstorm2050
lolkaa
10 posters

descriptionBeginners discussion - Page 3 EmptyRe: Beginners discussion

more_horiz
Hi m realy sory my b a silly question i dnt have enough knowledge so i cant understand ur answer about optimization tab winsxs folder cleanup plz can u explain in easy words thnx

more_horiz
Hey there are no problems my friend, I am more than happy to help you and to share my knowledges with you ! Very Happy

So, in other words :

- "Remover - Optimizations" winsxs folder options = big size reduction ... but be careful with "EXPERT" options they could cause problem with many software or windows functionalities !

- "Unattended" winsxs folder options = small size reduction .. only reserved if you integrate windows updates in your iso (so before installation) !

more_horiz
and 1 more thing in preset tab automatic roming tab/use expert option then what happend which components will remove

more_horiz
You could use them safely, it will automatically select some important "Remover - Optimizations" options to achieve a better size reduction.

BUT in your case, it's better to DO NOT use (at least for the moment) the latest option "Use EXPERT Optimizations" !

more_horiz
And in my case can i use automatic removing /optimize iso size option

more_horiz
Yes !

more_horiz
if i capture a image with updates and drives or if i integrate drivers like (for example wireless atheros) first and make iso and after if i use this iso and remove drivers and select wireless atheros it will also delete my integrated driver?

more_horiz
No !

more_horiz
It mean to say i install a window and install my softwares and drivers and capture it with the help of thekramer about 1 r 2 month ago i do this i have 2 ssd hard drive and usb excloisure to use ssdhard drive as usb and after that i remove all the drivers in winreducer remover?

more_horiz
And 1 more question if i integrate softwares like google chrome version 33 using oobe and as i knw  it make a folder in win iso and after that extract the iso and if i replace the google chrome updated version 34 in iso folder  without using winreducer it is ok r i will face any error i

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

I feel the pain of caphp, and perhaps many others, with so many messages in the 'Announcement' sticky, which should just be for your announcements relating to updates ...

I'm guilty myself (https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t802p75-winreducer-81-v119#6557)

Is it worth locking the annoucement thread, just for your entries, so those seeking help (as above) should start a new thread in the appropriate place??

This would make it a lot cleaner for those just wanting to know what is fixed in the recent version...

Thanks for you time and effort.

more_horiz
how to remove the only Asian fonts?

more_horiz
Hello guys,

brittech wrote:
@winterstorm2050

I feel the pain of caphp, and perhaps many others, with so many messages in the 'Announcement' sticky, which should just be for your announcements relating to updates ...

I'm guilty myself (https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t802p75-winreducer-81-v119#6557)

Is it worth locking the annoucement thread, just for your entries, so those seeking help (as above) should start a new thread in the appropriate place??

This would make it a lot cleaner for those just wanting to know what is fixed in the recent version...

Thanks for you time and effort.

You are right, and I've changed the status of this thread : starting from today, this thread is only a sticky post ...

So, all announcements will be done in the already existing Global Announcements thread :

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t498-year-2014-winreducer-software-81-80-and-70-announcements#4409

This will regroup all announcements of the entire "WinReducer Project" !

Have a nice day !

more_horiz
i also face the problem with same preset using optimize iso size some time it goes to 4.1 gb and some time 3.26 gb

more_horiz
which component or driver is needed to use vpn connection i am trying to set up vpn but error arise that this connection is not avvaiable beacuse there is a problem with yout modem or network adapter

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I'm agree with caphp and brittech : You need to do some effort to post all your questions in the correct forums (Help or Bugs) because this discussion is going to be unreadable ...

So I will not answer here to your questions any more.

All your questions are really interesting, and should interest other people, so please YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO POST IN THE CORRECT FORUMS OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANSWERS.

Thank you very much for your understanding !

more_horiz
Why, after the application of expert, all the inscriptions on the folders and in some programs, and in turn blue winSXS

more_horiz
Hello,

Because, in the expert options you have selected "EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression" which compress many files and folders to help you save some space. And it displays in blue all compressed files or folders in windows explorer ... That's it !

EDIT : Please, do not double post your questions, thank you for your understanding ! Because, each time I have to delete the doubles. Neutral

more_horiz
Can not open "to enable or disable windows components"
"C:\Windows\System32\optionalFeatures.exe"
How to fix it?

more_horiz
renodos500 wrote:
Please,,,,,you add support for Windows XP Professional SP3 running----
because I want make my Windows 8.1 on my Windows XP SP3, you include in next version, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Very Happy Smile

There is actually a REQUESTS section for all REQUESTS.  Please stop posting ?'s here.  This is only for discussion of the latest version of WinReducer NOT related to BUGS/PRESETS/REQUESTS/HELP.  All those have their own sections.

You can request things here:  https://winreducer.forumotion.com/f22-requests

But since this ? has been asked & answered before.  I would advise you to search for it in the forum or post the ? in the HELP section where I would be willing to give a more detail answer & alternatives info.

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/f21-help

winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm agree with caphp and brittech : You need to do some effort to post all your questions in the correct forums (Help or Bugs) because this discussion is going to be unreadable ...

So I will not answer here to your questions any more.

All your questions are really interesting, and should interest other people, so please YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO POST IN THE CORRECT FORUMS OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANSWERS.

Thank you very much for your understanding !

more_horiz
You can delete all the folders in the program files \ WindowsApps?

more_horiz
I am writing in another forum, no one answers! In this, I decided to write here.
how to solve the problem with file associations?

more_horiz
Dear Winterstorm,

is it possible to reactivate the "dislike" Button again ?
This is a chance to show people, that someone does not like there rude behaviour.

Thank you.

more_horiz
Hello,

lolkaa wrote:
Can not open "to enable or disable windows components"
"C:\Windows\System32\optionalFeatures.exe"
How to fix it?

Do not remove "Accessories - Windows Features" and "Accessories - Windows Features On Demand User Experience (FONDUE)"

lolkaa wrote:
You can delete all the folders in the program files \ WindowsApps?

Select all "Modern UI Apps" (in "Remover" tab) except "Immersive Control Panel"

descriptionBeginners discussion - Page 3 EmptyBeginners discussion

more_horiz
Hello guys,

lolkaa wrote:
I am writing in another forum, no one answers! In this, I decided to write here.
how to solve the problem with file associations?

You need to understand that we are really happy to help you, but your need to also understand that a little patience is necessary. Because this is not our every day job, so we are trying to help as fast as possible !

caphp wrote:
Dear Winterstorm,
is it possible to reactivate the "dislike" Button again ?
This is a chance to show people, that someone does not like there rude behaviour.
Thank you.

They are just like us : enthusiast ! But they do not have our skills. If they respect the rules of the forum, so they don't deserve a dislike click ... Smile ... they just need to learn to post in the correct forum ! I wanted to explain that to all of you, and I'm counting on your understanding !

So, please let's return to our passion : Windows customization and reducing.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

more_horiz
The program removes from your control panel "center windows update and enabling and disabling components windows" I do not control to select from the list to remove...
also does not apply tweaks off hibernation.. general you need to further develop this program ..

more_horiz
Removed you the best of the program "control panel" would have done better so - if you delete some program and automatically from the control panel removed all related program files.
And separately added to the panel to remove the only Asian fonts..Regards

more_horiz
just does not work Wordpad

more_horiz
Does not have a function to send a shortcut to the desktop

descriptionBeginners discussion - Page 3 EmptyBeginners discussion

more_horiz
Hello,

lolkaa wrote:
just does not work Wordpad

Do NOT select to remove "Accessories - Wordpad" !

lolkaa wrote:
Does not have a function to send a shortcut to the desktop

Do NOT select to remove "Accessories - Windows Mail (Send to Desktop shortcut)" !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum